Home Safe n' Sound WFO9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it <

I will try that one when i get more butt time on the seat, 350miles i feel like a wuss after watchic part of the iron butt clip, let me know when you come up me and fast eddie will join in. :clapping:
It was great having you all here in Eureka, lets do it again in a few years.
Gee....some of us do it (36-3-Yreka-96-Willows-299-3-36-Fortuna) every year. :yahoo:
2 days! Red Bluff to Yreka on day 1.

Enable your PM so we can send you a message.

Rode with Brad and MadMike across 36 and then south and east to Sacto area. I continued on hoping for Bridgeport last night. But, thunderstorms around So. Lake Tahoe lead to an earlier end to the day's festivities. Rode over Monitor Pass this morning and was going to run south on 395 to home. But, it was 09:30, the sky was eight different colors of blue, broken clouds of all shades white to black were hovering, there was a nip in the air, and I found myself in Lee Vining. The FJR just headed up Tioga Pass all by its self. I think it had some demons to confront along the way. Having ridden up Foxen Canyon (for the first time since we all did) on the way to the Honderosa it seems likely. Waved hello to Vito and his "engine guards" and thanked all who helped that day. Toured around Yosemite, headed out over 41 passed Wawona (lots and lots of dirt and gravel - well packed and, if you don't get stopped for fifteen freaking minutes waiting for a pilot car on a double camber slope where you can only put the uphill foot (shifter side) down on the ground and you have to hold both the clutch and the brake for ten minutes and then finally kill the engine with your right thumb so you are able to move around ever-so-slightly) it's not too bad. So, as long as I was on the western slope of the Sierras and it was hot in the valley I have headed up to Sequoia for the night. Tomorrow 198, Three Rivers, and home via some route - some I5 involved no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dustin and I left Sunday about 0900. Over the hill and into Redding. On to Woodland for the nite. Late start to miss the Sacramento Traffic then home by 1300. The Honda Shadow made it fine, we think in 4 th gear.

We both thank every one for their help after the "fall" and the great times we both had.

Longrider and Grandson.

Left about 9-30 am, got home around 11am 475 miles ! <_< Only ran wide on 7 rights and 14 lefts, Got flipped off by about 22 cagers, Did a monster smoky in the parking lot of the Hyatt, wheelied through the reception area of the Radisson for good luck. :)

Ran into a huge pack of mobile chrome boat anchors and weaved in and out of the chrome herd. When we were done we flipped them off as everyone knows they can’t go over 90mph. :unsure:

We then ran into DC and the Mistress and began splitting stopped traffic about 99 mph, Painman caught up and joined the fun, We only clipped 7 or 8 mirrors and a couple paint jobs., I saw DC flip of a couple CHP’s that were stuck in the backup. :clapping:

I got home so early I mounted a darkside tire and went for a test ride, It made me blow even more corners as it somehow affected my adrenaline levels and made me a bigger ass than I am already, so I took it off and mounted up my bald Avon. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows I have the biggest deck!

:assassin:

..yes you do. Glad you are both home safely. Watch out for the dark side of the force, tho!

Left about 9-30 am, got home around 11am 475 miles ! <_< Only ran wide on 7 rights and 14 lefts, Got flipped off by about 22 cagers, Did a monster smoky in the parking lot of the Hyatt, wheelied through the reception area of the Radisson for good luck. :) Ran into a huge pack of mobile chrome boat anchors and weaved in and out of the chrome herd. When we were done we flipped them off as everyone knows they can’t go over 90mph. :unsure:

We then ran into DC and the Mistress and began splitting stopped traffic about 99 mph, Painman caught up and joined the fun, We only clipped 7 or 8 mirrors and a couple paint jobs., I saw DC flip of a couple CHP’s that were stuck in the backup. :clapping:

I got home so early I mounted a darkside tire and went for a test ride, It made me blow even more corners as it somehow affected my adrenaline levels and made me a bigger ass than I am already, so I took it off and mounted up my bald Avon. :rolleyes:

Dang it! See what happens when a guy learns he has the biggest deck of all? :rofl:

Dustin and I left Sunday about 0900. Over the hill and into Redding. On to Woodland for the nite. Late start to miss the Sacramento Traffic then home by 1300. The Honda Shadow made it fine, we think in 4 th gear.
We both thank every one for their help after the "fall" and the great times we both had.

Longrider and Grandson.
Great meeting you both this weekend! Dustin gets real rider points for making it all the way home with the choice of one gear! :clapping: Look forward to hearing about more grandfather-grandson trips in the future... that is just too cool! B)

B) Out of the parking lot at 5:30 am , Home in Yucaipa at 5:30 . 715 miles, tried 138 thru Lancaster , Palmdale to miss LA area, big mistake, to hot, to many cops and to many lights. Good to be Home.

Dan

Left about 9-30 am, got home around 11am 475 miles ! <_< Only ran wide on 7 rights and 14 lefts, Got flipped off by about 22 cagers, Did a monster smoky in the parking lot of the Hyatt, wheelied through the reception area of the Radisson for good luck. :) Ran into a huge pack of mobile chrome boat anchors and weaved in and out of the chrome herd. When we were done we flipped them off as everyone knows they can’t go over 90mph. :unsure:

Dave you SUCK, but it was good to see you and Diane........

R

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Home. 198 on the western slope of Sequoia Nat'l Park is under construction. Expect delays of up to an hour if you are headed that way.

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

Made it home last night after a long day riding in the sun but wasn't as bad as it was Sunday when I rode up to my friend’s house to cut my trip back to Vancouver in two.

From Redding all the way to Woodburn, OR the temperature was either 95 or 97… :dribble:

Good thing I have had some experience with this type of heat last year going and coming from Moscow.

So I basically stopped every 50 miles to get 2 bottle of water:

One to drink and one to pour on me to soak my heavy cotton tank top under my Joe Rocket mesh vest… :(

Made for a longer ride, about 12 hours total but at least I was able to stay focused the whole way…

Final door-to-door mileage: 2,229.0 miles...

I had a GREAT time at WFO!

So nice to see all you nice people again and meet new ones.

FarWestFastEddie also took a bunch of us on a nice “Tourist Ride” on Saturday.

Nothing like being lead by a local guy to make sure you don’t miss the nice sightseeing spots and get a bit of history along the way.

Thanks a lot Ed! That was awesome! :clapping:

For those heading to Vancouver Island in September, I shall see you there.

For the other ones, we shall see each other at WFO next year!

Until then, y’all Ride Safe!

B)

Don, I saw your Rifle windshield in one of your pictures and remembered that I forgot to show you mine. I installed it the day before I left for Eureka. I really like it.

Great reporting and pictures. I sent them to Terri and am sure she will also enjoy them.

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]Made it home last night after a long day riding in the sun but wasn't as bad as it was Sunday when I rode up to my friend’s house to cut my trip back to Vancouver in two.

From Redding all the way to Woodburn, OR the temperature was either 95 or 97… :dribble:

Good thing I have had some experience with this type of heat last year going and coming from Moscow.

So I basically stopped every 50 miles to get 2 bottle of water:

One to drink and one to pour on me to soak my heavy cotton tank top under my Joe Rocket mesh vest… :(

Made for a longer ride, about 12 hours total but at least I was able to stay focused the whole way…

Final door-to-door mileage: 2,229.0 miles...

I had a GREAT time at WFO!

So nice to see all you nice people again and meet new ones.

FarWestFastEddie also took a bunch of us on a nice “Tourist Ride” on Saturday.

Nothing like being lead by a local guy to make sure you don’t miss the nice sightseeing spots and get a bit of history along the way.

Thanks a lot Ed! That was awesome! :clapping:

For those heading to Vancouver Island in September, I shall see you there.

For the other ones, we shall see each other at WFO next year!

Until then, y’all Ride Safe!

B)
Very cool! err, hot!. ... umm, will you get it! I think you and Petey may have been the long distance riders to this event!

Don, I saw your Rifle windshield in one of your pictures and remembered that I forgot to show you mine. I installed it the day before I left for Eureka. I really like it.
Great reporting and pictures. I sent them to Terri and am sure she will also enjoy them.
Jer, great to meet you! A true gentleman and fine rider too - hope to see you again..

airboss...you home yet?
Hey Wheatie.

Safely tucked away at Sis's house in Auburn,WA.

WFO was a great good time even without a bike to ride, met some very good and unique peoples.

Absolutely worth the trip, may to do it again next year want to come along?

Cindy and I just rolled in a few minutes ago. We visited a couple of friends, Crater Lake and Burney Falls on the way home.

We sure enjoyed WFO 9. Thanks to all the organizers.

Made it home safe and sound 4PM Yesterday 4580m total. Nosecone and I split in Taos, NM. Nosecone had a flat heading back to Dallas going 70mph, but was able to safely come to a stop. Good job, John...

Had a great time seeing old friends and meet new one's. Thank to all the organizers for a job well done...

Status
Not open for further replies.