Home Safe n' Sound WFO9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Petey said. Trip was uneventful until about 5 miles south of Wichita Falls on US 287. Heavy truck/car traffic at about 70 mph the bike gets squirrely fast. It wants to go every direction except straight. Thought...lousy pavement.....Oh s$$t' flat tire. I get it stopped at the side of the road OK. Rear tire flat. On inspection I see the head, not the pointy end, of 1.5 inch self tapping metal screw sticking out of the lower rear fender just above the red reflector. As if, "Hello, you have been screwed". The tire had spit it out.

I put a sticky string in the hole and pump it up with my Slime electric pump. It's not leaking, I'm on my way. Just in time as that big thunderstorm I went through a few miles beck is moving my direction. 4906 miles round trip. Thanks to Hal and helpers for another enjoyable WFO gathering.

Motorcycling is an adventure.

John

Hola John and Petey, Glad to hear that you two made it home safe and sound and that you handled the deflating tire at speed so well, Nosecone! I always enjoy chatting and drinking with you two at our FJR Forum events. You two really do rack up the FJR miles each year, Congratulations!

Hey John and Petey - you 2 have to be the hard corest riders to WFO!

John, pleasure to meet you!

check out my wfo RR - you're in the pix!

you too Petey!

Judy and I got in yesterday afternoon (Thursday, 7/29) just before 6 pm.

Left Eureka Sunday morning around 10 am -- north on 101 to 199 to 5 to the Portland, OR suburbs. GP Suspension ride-in on Monday, dinner with bikerskier et ux. Monday early evening, and circumnavigation of Mt. Hood Tuesday before heading south on Wednesday morning. SW out of Eugene to Crater Lake on Wednesday and stayed in Mt. Shasta Wed. night. Yesterday was 89 south, Burney Falls SP, then all the way to Truckee (omitting 89 through Lassen NP) before heading SW on 40 most of the way home.

Had a great time in Eureka! Thanks to all those who put it together and to everyone who made it such a great experience by being there!

Judy and I got in yesterday afternoon (Thursday, 7/29) just before 6 pm.
Left Eureka Sunday morning around 10 am -- north on 101 to 199 to 5 to the Portland, OR suburbs. GP Suspension ride-in on Monday, dinner with bikerskier et ux. Monday early evening, and circumnavigation of Mt. Hood Tuesday before heading south on Wednesday morning. SW out of Eugene to Crater Lake on Wednesday and stayed in Mt. Shasta Wed. night. Yesterday was 89 south, Burney Falls SP, then all the way to Truckee (omitting 89 through Lassen NP) before heading SW on 40 most of the way home.

Had a great time in Eureka! Thanks to all those who put it together and to everyone who made it such a great experience by being there!
Dang - Eureka was just a warm-up ride, eh?

Dang - Eureka was just a warm-up ride, eh?
Nope. It was the middle ridin'/eatin'/socializin'/sleepin' part of the trip. :)

Wednesday (7/21), we rode from Auburn to Red Bluff and from there west on 36 to 3 north to Gazelle-Callahan Rd east to old Hwy.99 north to Yreka for the night. Then Thursday (7/22), we did 96 south to Willow Creek and 99 east to 3 south to 36 west to 101 north to Eureka.

[SIZE=12pt]AT[/SIZE] WFO, all of our riding was on Friday and consisted of doing Avenue of the Giants south, then west to Honeydew and Lost Coast Road (Mattole Rd) back to Ferndale and Eureka for the festivities. :) :) :)

We got in some good riding in the last 9 days! :D B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Left about 9-30 am, got home around 11am 475 miles ! <_< Only ran wide on 7 rights and 14 lefts, Got flipped off by about 22 cagers, Did a monster smoky in the parking lot of the Hyatt, wheelied through the reception area of the Radisson for good luck. :) Ran into a huge pack of mobile chrome boat anchors and weaved in and out of the chrome herd. When we were done we flipped them off as everyone knows they can’t go over 90mph. :unsure:

We then ran into DC and the Mistress and began splitting stopped traffic about 99 mph, Painman caught up and joined the fun, We only clipped 7 or 8 mirrors and a couple paint jobs., I saw DC flip of a couple CHP’s that were stuck in the backup. :clapping:

I got home so early I mounted a darkside tire and went for a test ride, It made me blow even more corners as it somehow affected my adrenaline levels and made me a bigger ass than I am already, so I took it off and mounted up my bald Avon. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows I have the biggest deck!

:assassin:
Priceless :lol: :lol:

Left about 9-30 am, got home around 11am 475 miles ! <_< Only ran wide on 7 rights and 14 lefts, Got flipped off by about 22 cagers, Did a monster smoky in the parking lot of the Hyatt, wheelied through the reception area of the Radisson for good luck. :) Ran into a huge pack of mobile chrome boat anchors and weaved in and out of the chrome herd. When we were done we flipped them off as everyone knows they can’t go over 90mph. :unsure:

We then ran into DC and the Mistress and began splitting stopped traffic about 99 mph, Painman caught up and joined the fun, We only clipped 7 or 8 mirrors and a couple paint jobs., I saw DC flip of a couple CHP’s that were stuck in the backup. :clapping:

I got home so early I mounted a darkside tire and went for a test ride, It made me blow even more corners as it somehow affected my adrenaline levels and made me a bigger ass than I am already, so I took it off and mounted up my bald Avon. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows I have the biggest deck!

:assassin:
Priceless :lol: :lol:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

airboss...you home yet?
Hey Wheatie.

Safely tucked away at Sis's house in Auburn,WA.

WFO was a great good time even without a bike to ride, met some very good and unique peoples.

Absolutely worth the trip, may to do it again next year want to come along?
...wanting has never been the issue. If the stars align...definitely yes...and I want to see norcal...

Status
Not open for further replies.