Home Safe n' Sound WFO9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left about 6 a.m. with Tobie, Lisa, and Ryan...one more rode with us for a bit.

Split off from T&L at Cave Junction for breakfast.

Visited Crater Lake for the first time.

It got hot.

Through Bend and it got hotter.

Dropped altitude to Biggs Junction and got REALLY hot.

And by home it was about 105 degrees....so kinda hot.

Slept 10 hours and feel a bit better today.

Left foggy Eureka about 7:30 and got home around 3:30pm. Stop and go traffic for some reason between Albany and Salem which sucked in the 90 deg. heat. Had a great time, thanks everyone.

Bill

I stalled around the hotel till checkout ("get booted out") time of noon. Gassed up, said a couple more last-minute goodbyes, and picked up my daughter from her weekend visit in Arcata. Stayed in the cool as long as we could, had lunch, took a deep breath and headed inland. We did the 101-20-16-I-5 route. Hot as hell in Garberville, but then it seemed to cool down a little bit. By the time we made Willits it wasn't all that bad. Got into Sac about 9 p.m. and it was nice and cool, bless that Delta Breeze!

Had a ball. Thanks to Hal and the staff for everything. Great rides (the ones that hugged the coast, anyway) and great folks. When's the next one? And WHERE?

Got in about 4PM. Just for info on trailering. Other than braking I didn't notice it at all and riding between 60-80 I averaged 42mpg.
That trailer looks just right for the FJR. From behind, it is exactluy the same width and corners well. Gotta get that on my wish list. I stopped in Eureka, around 2 for a gas and go.

After a 9:15 AM departure Ms Bluestreek and I made it home yesterday about 2:15PM. 101 to 36 to 99 to 70 and home to Marysville

Thanks to all who had a part in putting together another great rally. Can't wait for next year

:fans:

Took me 10 minutes to get home but i made it, glad to see everyone getting home OK. My first WFO and it was fun, we will see ya at the 10 >since everyone left us, Sunday my wife and i took Mad Mikes #2 routes and rides, up 299 to willow creek, 96-Hoopa, and up the Salmon River (Forks of the Salmon) across to hyw 3. what a ride , beautiful (HOT). Never been out that way it was Awesome. next time i will take a camera :wacko: , oh and cash , oh and food and water , "Rookie"

It was great having you all here in Eureka, lets do it again in a few years #11 works , what a crazy group.

Still at the hotel.Maid's name is Monica.
Wondered what happened to her.

Be careful about what evidence you leave

175px-Monica_lewinsky.jpg

john and I made it to Santa Clara about 4.30pm after a late start (10.30am) we stopped for lunch in willets and passed Ragdeb and the MM2 group as they were having lunch.We just got back from a fancy steak dinner at LB's steak house now i am gonna sleep and the plan is to leave here at 6am for the last leg home.

Will update tomorrow.

R
It was probably the Hycles, FJRobs and us you passed. We lunched in Hopland --- ya didn't stop to say HELLO !! :eek: Guess we're too slow for you :unsure: -- :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try that one when i get more butt time on the seat, 350miles i feel like a wuss after watchic part of the iron butt clip, let me know when you come up me and fast eddie will join in. :clapping:

It was great having you all here in Eureka, lets do it again in a few years.
Gee....some of us do it (36-3-Yreka-96-Willows-299-3-36-Fortuna) every year. :yahoo:

I will try that one when i get more butt time on the seat, 350miles i feel like a wuss after watchic part of the iron butt clip, let me know when you come up me and fast eddie will join in. :clapping:
It was great having you all here in Eureka, lets do it again in a few years.
Gee....some of us do it (36-3-Yreka-96-Willows-299-3-36-Fortuna) every year. :yahoo:
2 days! Red Bluff to Yreka on day 1.

Enable your PM so we can send you a message.

John and I came down 101 from Santa Clara, left at 7.15 home at 3.....354 miles for a grand total of 2063 miles.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.