05 FJR cluth wore out?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrmurph

Reaction score
05 FJR just rolled over 90.000 KM's . On a recent trip out of the province i noticed my clutch lever was almost all the way out be fore it engaged . Talked to a tech at at Yamaha dealership said it sounds like worn clutch plates , so for peace of mind i had them replace the clutch . I'm back home now and the clutch lever is still almost all the way out before it engages , Looking for ideas ? Slave cylinder maybe? THKS

Do a thorough clutch hydraulic fluid flush! Could be master or slave cylinder, I suppose, but do the flush first.
Check the brass bushing in the clutch lever. These get worn, especially if they aren't cleaned/lubed at least annually. Lever pivot too.

Brass bushing in the clutch lever. It's a known wear item, there to do exactly that, thus protecting other parts of the system. Mine was worn so badly that the pin had punched through the back of the bushing and was most of the way through the lever handle where the bushing sits.