• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

06 Handlebar Risers - Pics of Sitting Position

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug--

Very cool! Is there any problem with cables being too tight? Where do I get a pair, how much, and how do I pay? I want these!!! :D

Cool, but you need a new model for the pics. I heard Danica was looking for a riser deal...... ;) :D

Very trick, DRHines!

I just need to get a bit of clarification on one point...

With your risers the bars can be rotated outward to give a more straight across grip position - i.e. less grip angle relative to each other and hence a "straighter" bar, correct?

If so, approx. how far forward can the bar ends/grips rotate forward?

Thanks, and if you can rotate the bars more forward I will order a set right away!!!

Dallara

Very trick, DRHines!
I just need to get a bit of clarification on one point...

With your risers the bars can be rotated outward to give a more straight across grip position - i.e. less grip angle relative to each other and hence a "straighter" bar, correct?

If so, approx. how far forward can the bar ends/grips rotate forward?

Thanks, and if you can rotate the bars more forward I will order a set right away!!!

Dallara
Yes the risers can be rotated outward to give a more straight across grip position. This can be done because of the movement that the Yamaha adjustable handlebars has in the nut where the socket head cap screw goes into their mechanism. At one point I measured more than 1" of movement (forward to rearward) but not sure how scientific it was even though I am an engineer. I can definetely tell you the difference is noticable visually and more definetely in the feel. The angle that your wrist contacts the grips is in a much more comfortable position. This spreading of the handlebars does make the grips further away but still much better than stock. Riders with normal length arms will love this position. I have not measured the difference in spread width as my prototypes are at the machinist right now.

Below is some pics that I took in the stock postition and with bars spread to max.

This pic is with risers installed but handlebars in stock position

Sitting_Positions001.jpg

This pic is with risers spread to maximum width of handlebars

Sitting_Positions004.jpg

Doug Hines

Doug, please post a pic as soon as you have a set that's been powdercoated to match the bars.

I'm a buyer when the CFO frees the funds.

Unless you have VERY narrow shoulders, rotating the bars inward is going to cause most people hand numbness and potentially some pain between the shoulder blades. Ergonomically speaking, if your wrists are not perpendicular to your hands, you're gonna be prone to hand numbness. On most motorcycles, this happens in part because the handlebars are swept back too far- The '06 FJR is not bad this way in the stock position, but not "rotated outward" (forward at the end of the grips) far enough for larger riders with broad shoulders. Thanks for coming up with a solution that allows for movement in BOTH directions, as that's the only way to address riders of different sizes and get them into a neutral position with their hands. Cool product!~

Doug, please post a pic as soon as you have a set that's been powdercoated to match the bars.
Website now has pics of powdercoated risers.

https://www.goecities.com/drhines/FJR1300Risers.html

They are not a 100% match but look pretty good. Welcome to the world of powdercoating. It's not like matching car paint.

Also something I didn't realize until after powder coating was that the triple tree is slightly different color than the handlebars themselves. The risers match the triple tree more closely, especially in sunlight.

Doug Hines

They are not a 100% match but look pretty good. Welcome to the world of powdercoating. It's not like matching car paint.

Also something I didn't realize until after powder coating was that the triple tree is slightly different color than the handlebars themselves. The risers match the triple tree more closely, especially in sunlight.

Doug Hines

Members only~ Can you post 'em here???

Doug Hines

Members only~ Can you post 'em here???
Try this for pic

06Risers_Final020.jpg

So Doug, are the riser about ready to ship?
Yes my first run of 30 sets of risers have already been shipped. I had to go up on the price since the machine shop took for a cleaning and lost money on the first batch. You can check out new prices and details at below website. Next batch of 30 sets should be ready to ship around July 5th.

https://www.geocities.com/drhines/FJR1300Risers.html

Doug Hines