06 V-stream update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Gary at University motors (Sat morn) to see if there was any new news on the 06 shield. He said he contacts them every week and the latest response he has (this week) is at least it now has a part # issued but still no release date. He currently has 26 pre-sold when they ship.

Thought some of ya may want to know.

I just got off the phone with Gary at University motors (Sat morn) to see if there was any new news on the 06 shield. He said he contacts them every week and the latest response he has (this week) is at least it now has a part # issued but still no release date. He currently has 26 pre-sold when they ship.
Couldn't wait any longer...ordered the cee bailey reverse contour

FJRFencer,

Do you have any experience with the CalSci compared to the V-stream? I'm trying to decide which to get for my 06. Had a CalSci on my 05. Thanks.

Last week National Cycle, responding to my email, said testing was delayed due to late delivery of an '06 FJR. They are expecting to release the V-Stream for the '06 FJR in September. Dunno if early or late.

Ken C

Couldn't wait any longer...ordered the cee bailey reverse contour
Put the CB reverse contour +2 on yesterday and took it for a blast. This shield really does the job for me... :yahoo:

I'm one of those 26 on Gary's list for the V-Stream...

And though I still want to get, and try, the V-Stream when Gary gets 'em I decided to try something else in the interim, so I got a CalSci medium shield sent out when they were available.

I'm 5'8" tall, and even though the CalSci medium is only 2.5" taller than the stock OEM '06 windscreen it is almost TOO much. No way I can run the CalSci all the way up. It is way, way in my site line then, though very smooth and quiet. It does rob a lot of airflow when it's all the way down, too, making it a bit bit warmer on a hot day at low speeds. Still, I like it better than the stocker since when I run it all the way down it is nearly as effective as the stock shield run all the way up, and when you run the CalSci up just a bit you suddenly get an erriely quiet, smooth cockpit. It makes high-speed cruising a pleasure, and you hear engine and road sounds you hav enever heard before. I can use fully 1/3 less volume gain on my iPod with the CalSci screen at half way up than I had to use with the stock screen run all the way up.

I give the CalSci a solid 4.0 thumbs up out of 5.0 (5.0 being perfect, and literally unobtainable. I would score the stock screen at about a 2.5, maybe 3.0...).

Just my two cents... YMMV.

Dallara