• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

'08 Gen II modded mufflers & tailcones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el camino kid

Reaction score
These are nice OE mufflers. I believe they will fit both Gen I & Gen II. The mufflers have had the trooper mod, carefully done. They are clean & straight, with no dings, scrapes, gouges or serious scratches. They do have very minor marks (from being on the shelf for a while), that would polish out if they really bother you. They really are very superficial flaws, but if you look close enough, they are visible. I just want to be totally honest about this. Price reflects flaws. $60.00 plus shipping from 98020.

Gerauld's muffler tailcones, satin black with all hardware. Absolutely mint. Used approximately 20 miles.

$50.00 delivered to the lower 48.

I made the mods to the mufflers, rode for about 20 miles and wasn't impressed. Tried the tailcones rode another 20 miles and although there was a definate difference, I still didn't like it. Went back to stock & wrote it off as a learning experience.

Being 63 y.o. may have something to do with it.

A transaction in the Seattle area would be a plus.