2 Wheeled Therapy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watoga's the bomb. You gotta carry in anything you want/need, but those cabins are fully equipped. Well...some of 'em only have the fireplace for heat...

Looks like I might be doing an SS1k down to Florida (my Dads in the hospital) this Thursday/Friday and another on the way home Sunday/Monday...wish it could be on the bike.

Not a very good year so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
Watoga's the bomb. You gotta carry in anything you want/need, but those cabins are fully equipped. Well...some of 'em only have the fireplace for heat...
Love Watoga. Haven't rented a cabin there, though. Always tent camped. Plenty of places for provisions close enough. I even have a private firewood connection outside the back entrance. Better wood and cheaper than in the park.

Looks like I might be doing an SS1k down to Florida (my Dads in the hospital) this Thursday/Friday and another on the way home Sunday/Monday...wish it could be on the bike.
Not a very good year so far...
Damn. that sucks Joe. Knee mail coming your and his way. Safe travels.

N/C for wood for the cabin fireplaces. They have a big shed at each one.
No charge? Really? No free lunch in this world anymore.
weirdsmiley.gif
It is just included in the cabin price. If they are anything like the ones at Hungry Mother S.P. then they are nice.

Sure it's built into the price. A lot of the Watoga cabins are WPA era structures. They've been refitted with bathrooms (not sure they were OE...), but the older ones don't have central heat, which IIRC the ones at Hungry Mother do. Most have good level parking.

Sure it's built into the price. A lot of the Watoga cabins are WPA era structures. They've been refitted with bathrooms (not sure they were OE...), but the older ones don't have central heat, which IIRC the ones at Hungry Mother do. Most have good level parking.
Yeah the Hungry mother cabin had central heat, but had a great fireplace. Haven't been in any of the Watoga cabins, but have ridden by all of them!

Ok, looks like the cabins will work for everyone. Please take a look @ their website & costs associated. The date for this is over St Paddys weekend... March 14, 15 & 16th. We will need to make a reservation well ahead of our arrival. Watoga's cabins fill up well ahead of time. Lets say commitments need to be made by next Monday February 17th. That means no matter what, you pay your part even if you back out for some reason. I'll go ahead & make the reservation but I expect those who make a commitment to come do their part. I know me & I'll go even if rain is in the forecast. If someone decides they want to come @ the last minute, they're on their own for a place to stay.

If I can make it, it will most likely be last minute...I'll bring my tent.

Oh, and thanks for the kind thought's for my dad...I don't need to go down there this weekend.

Maybe in a couple of weeks.

I hope that means that he's doing better, Joe.

I hope that means that he's doing better, Joe.
He is doing somewhat better...but he won't be coming home by this weekend.

He will need to spend a couple weeks at a step down facility, where someone can monitor him 24/7.

And to get this thread back on track...I hope to see y'all at Watoga in March.

For the search challenged... (or lazy) https://www.watoga.com/accommodations/accommodations.html

& I just looked @ availability... the standard type cabins won't be available until the last weekend in April. There are only 10 of the modern cabins. Of those, 2 are available. The website doesn't say which are available... the 4 person or the 8 person cabins. Hell! I don't think that waiting a week is prudent at all.

When I have some time I will make a phone call & find out more specifics... but I think that waiting a week to make a reservation isn't a good idea.

I just put in my vacation request. I seriously doubt there would be an issue, though. So, I'm committed. Jay is also as far as I know. So, we have 3 people.

Update: 2 cabins are available... #28 & #33. From their website it looks like both of these have the same bed arrangement. 1 queen & 2 single beds.

I'm ok sleeping in the same bed as Jay. So, there will only be 1 bed left.

Hey, just a thought. I could bring sleeping bags and mattresses and

sleep on the floor if need be. Doesn't really matter to me. I just want

be there. I don't want anyone to miss out. The more, the merrier.