2 Wheeled Therapy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how big Watoga cabins are. Floor space may be at a min. Unknown...

I'm still interested too... floor space is OK for me or maybe book both cabins? I'll be checking in to see what you find out.

I personally only want to be responsible for 1 cabin. If there was an additional rental, someone else would need to do it. I suspect if someone intends to rent it, they'd better do it sooner than later.

Camping in March in WV is sketchy temps-wise (@ night). I cold camped for the first time this past year. I didn't like it. Cool... even in the low 40's is ok. WV in March... you may be looking @ below 20. Personally, not my cup of tea. If it looks like there isn't enough availability for folks, maybe we should look @ staying somewhere else. Perhaps Old Clark Inn?

Camping in March in WV is sketchy temps-wise (@ night). I cold camped for the first time this past year. I didn't like it. Cool... even in the low 40's is ok. WV in March... you may be looking @ below 20. Personally, not my cup of tea. If it looks like there isn't enough availability for folks, maybe we should look @ staying somewhere else. Perhaps Old Clark Inn?

Is that 20 degrees celcius (I hope)
cold.gif

Well if there is only bed enough for three people in the available cabins I think the OCI is a better option. Besides, I really can't commit right now. I wouldn't have any problem camping in the 20's. Just have to be ready for it. Have to go pack for San Fran right now. Will be out of town until Sunday night.

Still lurking; can't commit (okay, too chicken to commit) a month out. If somebody goes out on the limb for the other Watoga cabin, assuming that this doesn't turn into a micro-rally, they won't be sorry.

4 people each cabin Bob. The catch... there is a queen & 2 singles in each. I'm only up for being responsible for 1 cabin. Someone else would need to rent the other... except that many people have not made a commitment to go. & that extra cabin... bet it won't last long. & I have no idea if they're even near each other, either.OCI would be fine with me. We have enough committed people right now to rent one of the larger bedroom suites on the 2nd floor.

Bryan, that is 20 degrees Fahrenheit. That's at night & only a possibility. We'd be in the mountains. It wouldn't be out of the question. Personally, I'd rather wait until well into the spring before camping.

Creg ny baa... nahhh, it won't be a mini meet unless you consider 6-8 people a mini-meet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you & Janet in Bob?

Oops, nevermind... I read ALL of you post.

4 people each cabin Bob. The catch... there is a queen & 2 singles in each. I'm only up for being responsible for 1 cabin. Someone else would need to rent the other... except that many people have not made a commitment to go. & that extra cabin... bet it won't last long. & I have no idea if they're even near each other, either.OCI would be fine with me. We have enough committed people right now to rent one of the larger bedroom suites on the 2nd floor.
Bryan, that is 20 degrees Fahrenheit. That's at night & only a possibility. We'd be in the mountains. It wouldn't be out of the question. Personally, I'd rather wait until well into the spring before camping.

Creg ny baa... nahhh, it won't be a mini meet unless you consider 6-8 people a mini-meet.
Ok that makes sense. They are just like the one at Hungry Mother. Again, I can't commit. If Janet were a possibility for this it would have to be indoor accomodations if there is the possibility of it being that cold. I doubt that OCI would be booked out, but I could send Andrea and Nelson an email and find out wha the outlook is for that weekend if you want.

Already have a request for information in to Andrea/Nelson. I'm on it man!!! Have fun in Cali... wish I were going.

Update: I just heard from Andrea about Old Clark Inn... right now everything is available except the 3rd floor & the front of the 2nd floor. That leaves the 3 standard rooms on the 1st floor & the 3 rooms in the back section of the 2nd floor with the 2 & 3 room suite options.

If we are able to fill at least 2 rooms for 2 nights with advance reservations, the weekly rate will apply. The 4 bed suite would be $120 plus tax per night with 4 people. (I thought the 4 room suite was on the 3rd floor) She specified that any additional rate info is available on their website.

I've wanted to stay on the 2nd floor in the back for awhile now. I've got word into Robert to see if he & Alex would like to split the 2 bedroom suite with Jay & I.

There's a tiki bar in the back. I don't know why they don't advertise it... but they don't. There is also a fire pit which gets lit everytime we're there.

I wanted to mention to any joiners... Andrea/Old Clark Inn has offered with the rental of 2 rooms for 2 nights, the weekly rate. The weekly rate is, on average $10 cheaper per night than the weekend rate that we'd normally get. You may pair up to rent rooms & be sure to mention the deal that she offered to Heidi.

Not sharing... pairing up to rent a minimum of 2 rooms for 2 nights. & it's likely if Janet doesn't go (who is already Bob's wife) I will be the only female... & I'm already spoken for.
flirt.gif

I'd be the other female... and I'm spoken for as well.

I don't mind sharing to save expenses but if I have to get my own room, that would work too.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LCB" data-cid="1126000" data-time="1392392086"><p>

I'd be the other female... and I'm spoken for as well. <br />

<br />

I don't mind sharing to save expenses but if I have to get my own room, that would work too.</p></blockquote>

I'm going to say go ahead and book the rooms then go about trying to find

someone to share expenses.

When things thaw out people will realize what a great idea this is and it may be too late to get rooms.