• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

20% Off SPOT Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I got an email from the SPOT people today--it's one of those companies that load you up with promotional junk mail once they have your info, frankly, but this one had a decent offer.

They're offering a discount of 20% on the cost of annual service to both current SPOT customers and to any new customer who that customer refers who signs up. The cost of the service is not cheap--I think it's a hundred bucks a year for basic service, and fifty more for tracking (the gadget sends a signal out every ten minutes while it's on. Otherwise you have to push the button manually to send a signal. You really do need the tracking, IMO).

This is a decent deal--not a great one. The main objection is the discount doesn't apply until the FOLLOWING year of service. The new customer that is referred gets 20% off when he renews only; same with the old customer. The discount applies to the year following renewal.

Still, those who have a SPOT and like it usually renew, which is why the deal is at least decent.

Here's why I'm posting: this is a community of likely SPOT users, more than the general population. Some of you are probably considering getting a SPOT Tracker and activating it, and many have it now and plan to renew. My idea is to link new customers here with current ones so everyone has a chance to get this discount. *It's only valid until the end of March, 2015.*

So if Santa brings you your first SPOT, or if you just go buy one--I suggest you don't activate it without posting something on the forum about "Looking for a SPOT Referral From a Current Customer." Somebody who already subscribes to SPOT (*ahem* like me) can then fill out a form and you'll both get the discount after your next renewal.

Here is a link to the "Terms and Conditions" from the email from SPOT.

**Edit: I'd forgotten, but CAJW posted here about a current discount of the SPOT 3 unit itself. Might as well let both threads kind of feed off each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got me a spot 3 at the motorcycle show for free. How to I do the refer a friend thing Mike? I had to sign up at the show to get the spot for free, but I think I can still get referred.

Looks like I need your account name and ESN of the spot device. Just PM me if you still want to do this.

https://www.findmespot.com/referral/

Last edited by a moderator: