2004 FJR.....what do ya think?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekms377

Reaction score
I am on a budget so I am been lurking for a bit on a few different bikes. One of them is the FJR and I finally found one close to by budget. I wanted to stay at or below $6k. Found a 2004 FJR with @28k miles for $6300 and still under warranty. Few scratches but other than that maybe a battery. Any thoughts?

If the service history is current, go for it!!!!!!!! Don't forget to check the bin o facts for plenty of info which is priceless.

Sounds like a fair price. Maybe even a GREAT price dependin on what farkles it has.

And you can't go wrong with the 2004 FJR. It was the best vintage of FJRs!

I saw a mint '04 with only 2,200+ miles on the odometer on the PCH a few days ago and the VIN # as #1....I do not recall the price but I can give you the following info: 310-539-3366. I hope you won't hang-up when they answer the phone with California Harley - Davidson/Buell. Let me explain: I am on a 6,200 mile trip with four HD riders and they have stopped at every HD dealer on our route to buy HD t-shirts. I stopped there because right across the street was a Yamahama dealership: they also sell HD t-shirts that are designed to polish Yamaha bikes. .... Just kidding!!

Looks like I may be riding a FJR next weekend......hope all goes well.....I'll keep you guys posted and thanks for the advice and info!! I hope I can contribute to this forum.

I just turned 66K on my '04 and it still runs as well as the day I got it. You won't regret buying it. Good luck!

Jay

'04 FJR 1300

OK....headed to Houston tomorrow to check it out and hopefully buy it......I'll keep ya informed.

We are eagerly waiting on your update.....in fact...I'm gonna stay up late and all day tomorrow just to hear what ya have to say. Waiting here................

We are eagerly waiting on your update.....in fact...I'm gonna stay up late and all day tomorrow just to hear what ya have to say. Waiting here................

:ranting2: :vinsent: :treaten:

EKMS-

WELLLLL!? COME ON!!!! WHAT HAPPENED?!!

Oh....er...sorry. It's funny how we collectively become enthused when someone new is joining the elite (or not) FJROG!

Anyway, best of luck with the purchase and welcome to the nuthouse...oh, I mean forum. And please do let us know

was'up and your first impressions of the bike. Also, remember there's lotsa help and info here for ya.

JC

I picked up an 04 on May 25 of this year, so, 4 weeks ago. How do I like it? Lets put it this way... 4000 km in 4 weeks :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm a NEW FJR owner.....not a new FJR....it's a 2004!!!! Got to finally nit pick it a bit and it has some issues. I posted a few questions on here in another thread. Will get to tear into more this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.