2007 FJR for $6499?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like the '07 w/ 16K you found go for it. You can dick around for 10's or 100's of hours searching, traveling to see other bikes, etc. Sounds like you can do the trade on your current bike with that one. So it's $750 above "market price". Is your time worth minimum wage (I'm guessing you'd say it's worth a lot more than that....)? There's 100 extra hours of searching, losing out on the best riding time of the year. A Gen II w/16K will give you your money's worth and then some for that price
smile.png
This is how I usually work. With having little experience with the FJR I figured i'd get some advice here. Lots of good Ideas and thoughts, different ideas is a good thing. I got an email from the dealer who had the 07 and it sold today. If I would of jumped on it then I would not have missed out. Ideally I would like to sell my VTX first but I'm getting no action on it in a little over 2 weeks. If I can get a decent amount on a trade in i'll go that route.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I do like the idea of the 2015 for $10k. going to look into that one.

I picked up my 2008 for $ 5700. 24K miles with several farkles and a matching trunk. A lot of bike for not much cash! Love it so far!!!

So I was able to get the guy selling one of the 07s I was looking at down to $5600, it has 10k on the clock. The other option is to buy the left over 15, The big difference now is I have the cash for the 07 or would have to borrow $5500 to do the 15. I only ride about 3 to 5k a year so i'm not sure if the 15 is the best option. Just looking for other opinions.

Bought 2007 last Sept for $6,300 in immaculate condition and 3k miles for what it is worth

So I was able to get the guy selling one of the 07s I was looking at down to $5600, it has 10k on the clock. The other option is to buy the left over 15, The big difference now is I have the cash for the 07 or would have to borrow $5500 to do the 15. I only ride about 3 to 5k a year so i'm not sure if the 15 is the best option. Just looking for other opinions.
No question, buy the '07 for $5600 and don't look back!

--G

--G
How do you like your 2015? Did you have an earlier year FJR before the 15?

--G
How do you like your 2015? Did you have an earlier year FJR before the 15?
...my name is escape and I have an FJR problem!

The '15 is my forth FJR. Beginning with a PDP '04, another [didn't learn my lesson] PDP '06 to a '09 [that was too good a deal to pass up], and then the '15 that was another one of those too-good-to-pass up.

Loved them all, but gotta say I'm partial to the '09 because it was an exceptional FJR. It must have been a "Wednesday" motorcycle. The '15 is good, cruise control is the berries and it makes me smile every time I ride it.

No matter the year, you won't be disappointed with a FJR!

--G

I bought the current FJR an 07 AE with 22,000 miles from a Birmingham, AL police officer in June for $5,000.00 even. It had a Givi 357 rack, Givi E 52 case on the back, MCL risers, MCL highway pegs, and police lights and sirens installed. You just can't go wrong with an FJR. Also in Illinois there is no sales tax on a used M/C from a private party.

Escapefjrtist is leading you true! The 07's have had a lot of issues. I'm looking for a 08 transmission for my bike now, I've changed the 2 nd gear twice already. I love my bike but I' m also ready to trade up once my truck is paid for.

Not sure I would say the '07 has a LOT of issues. Some electrical gremlins which are easily solved with some good advice from people here. Throttle that some find a bit snatchy which you can get used to or fix with a Power Commander (I got used to it) Let's see, other than that, I have done fork seals twice and replaced a front wheel bearing. A couple of bulbs, couple sets of brake pads, routine fluid changes and a lot of tires. Non-routine repairs haven't amounted to $1000 in 9 years and 162,000 miles. Not exactly a bike with issues. Still have original battery!

^^^ Yep, great value on that. I would do that before I would spend $6500 on a 9 year old bike. My post was just in defence of the most reliable (and fun) piece of machinery I have ever owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one you've found locally and talked down doesn't sound bad. For yet another reference, I recently picked up a 2004 with 9k miles for $3500. I think it was a steal. The only thing I'd change about my bike would be the addition of cruise control.

Looking at a couple FJR's. Found one I like, 2007, 16,000 miles. Very good condition. Does $6499.00 sound about right?
I have 150,000 miles on my 2007. It's still going strong, but I spent nearly two years working through all the quirks. 2007 is definitely the year that Yamaha doubled-down on all their Gen-II engineering mistakes. My personal advice, find another year model.

I just bought my '07 for $5,000. Has throttle tamer, rifle windshield (and original), risers, with 21k miles on it. Tires only have 20% left so there's that. But like others have said, it's all a matter of patience and your needs.

The '15's for $10k are a good deal. Those bikes in enough quantity were bought cheap enough by dealers to sell for $9k. But those deals are pretty much gone now. Last one was sold about a week ago on Long Island from what I'm told.

Cycletrader.com and craigslist.com are great resources, as is the for sale section here. I'm in PA, though near Ohio and I've talked to many of the dealers within about 250 miles as I travel a lot for my volunteer work. I've found pretty much all of them to be straight shooters and I'm thankful for that. Spending some time and careful shopping allowed me to keep my Triumph Street Triple for when I'm feeling frisky. I'm thankful to be able to do that as the original plan was to trade it in. So as I said, it all depends on your needs and patience for shopping.

Good luck.

i planned on waiting until i my second to largest raise before reaching top pay at work. which would be aug 19 2017 before i got an FJR....but i ended up finding a 2007 model had lots of miles on it (69000), but miles dont bother me, and i enjoy working on stuff. bike needed a little TLC nothing major, looked to be taken care of, dealership lied about a few things on it, so after dicking around with them for a few days i walked away with the bike for $2500 OTD, and they got a 5 star review. haha.