2007 for 6300?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loe_tek

Reaction score
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230598905229&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true

just got it on _bay for 6300, so how do you think I did?

by the way, I am looking for left and right bags for a 2007.

anyone have a line on a set, need them :rolleyes:

I am riding my 2005 out to Washington in June, my wife can ride that one back and I ride the one I just bought.

guy says it has less than 8k miles

frames sliders, PCIII, throttle tamer, don't know about the muzzy exhaust, may have to do something about that if it is too loud.

Now I have to wait until freakin June to see it in person.

(Father in law and brother in law will go complete the deal next week for me). I wonder how many miles they will put on it before June? :p

Looks good, I'd hate to have to wait until June. Keep looking on Ebay and you will find a set of bags. Have a good Trip! rbw

There's a set of 2007 side bags for sale on this forum. First in line is a guy with a 2005. I would think/hope that someone like you that really NEEDS them would get a waiver from the buyer and have a shot. I'll yield my 2nd place in line to you.

Garauld on this forum will paint them for $50 each. He does excellent work.

There's a set of 2007 side bags for sale on this forum. First in line is a guy with a 2005. I would think/hope that someone like you that really NEEDS them would get a waiver from the buyer and have a shot. I'll yield my 2nd place in line to you.

HaulinAshe

if you look closer you will notice that it is me in line in front of you already.... :yahoo:

thanks for the tip about Garauld.

lt

HaulinAshe

if you look closer you will notice that it is me in line in front of you already.... :yahoo:

lt
Oh!!! Now that's funny!!! What a total ditz. I missed that completely. But now I see you have a 2005 listed in your profile and you just bought a 2007. Welcome to the world of owning two bikes you cannot afford??? We need a club name, membership numbers and T-shirt logo.

:D

HaulinAshe

lt
Oh!!! Now that's funny!!! What a total ditz. I missed that completely. But now I see you have a 2005 listed in your profile and you just bought a 2007. Welcome to the world of owning two bikes you cannot afford??? We need a club name, membership numbers and T-shirt logo.

Yea, that was funny!

I always find a way to spend a little more than I can afford. It's a gift.

My wife and I are hoping we can get some time to ride together this year. We will see.

I have got ahold of Garauld, but I have not heard from the OP on the details just yet.

ride safe

LT

I paid $6700 for my 2007 FJR on e-bay earlier this month. I hope you have good luck finding the bags used online because Yamaha is very proud of them... about $500 each.

My deal has worked out real well. I had to buy a new front tire and the 8,000 mile service check which set me back $240. But I got a good report back on the bike.

Make sure your dealer does a vin check to see if the recalls have been completed on the ignition and the ECU. The guy who owned my bike had done neither. The ignition switch was a quick fix, but the ECU is on back order from Yamaha and the dealer has no idea when it will arrive. I also found out my bike had 18 months left on a YES warranty that the vin check turned up.

Congrats on the new bike.

HaulinAshe

lt

Yea, that was funny!

I always find a way to spend a little more than I can afford. It's a gift.

My wife and I are hoping we can get some time to ride together this year. We will see.

I have got ahold of Garauld, but I have not heard from the OP on the details just yet.

ride safe

LT

Hey loe-tek, I have 1 left bag off of my 06 that was replaced ,and a yamaha tour pack,that has a small crack in the black plastic trim under the lid line. some guy walked by my bike in front of the bike shop got in his truck and proceeded to back across the lot until he tagged my bike and knocked it over. I think the left bag just has scratches,no damage . I'ld let em go for a even 100.00 plus s&h. they don't have lock set because they were switched out. I just thought that this may help,because it maybe easier to find a single right hand salvage bag on Ebay,than a set. i can send a couple of pics if interested.

I just checked on ebay ,and there is a right side bag for 120 or best offer ,and a base plate for the rear box for 25.00. besides the locks ,my rear box don't have the passenger pad,and I don't know what that would set you back, but for 250.00 you could have 2 bags ,and a rear box setup,minus paint,locks,and pad. I'm just sayin'

I live fairly close to this bike (and would have bought it had it been for sale a month or so earlier) - let me know if you need me to store it, keep it warmed up for you or whatever :D

Actually, I'm still hoping the seller responds with more details on the fender eliminator, which he told me he did himself. In the pics it sure looks great!...

-Brett

Brett B

thanks for your kind offer. Bike is at my father in laws(in Tri Cities WA) getting a new Ohlins shock, and I will ride it back to WV in July. I'm pretty sure he is going to "keep it company" for me :rolleyes:

I am still looking for side bags, I have not heard back from the guy mentioned at the beginning of this thread at all, I have sent a PM, I have sent an email, and no luck yet, guess he does not check in that often.

Dirttracker: thanks for your offer, I am trying to find a pair at the moment just to simplify my life. If things change I will get in touch with you. thanks

ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
loe_tek,

I really would like to say congratulations on the new bike.

But the BIG BUT of it is that I hate to hear market value of my own 2007. ;)

I love mine, enjoy the living snot out of it. I hope you two (wife, not bike) have a great trip home when you get it.

loe_tek,

I really would like to say congratulations on the new bike.

But the BIG BUT of it is that I hate to hear market value of my own 2007. ;)

I love mine, enjoy the living snot out of it. I hope you two (wife, not bike) have a great trip home when you get it.
Just the wrong time of year, if the seller is willing to wait for a buyer, the price is going to be closer to 8000+, at least that's what I told the wifey.

I intend to enjoy it, I love my 2005, and with more better suspension on the 2007, I'm sure I'm in for another love affair :p