2008 FJR Owners Volcano Ride #4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just talked to Wendy at the Inn of Packwood and she indicated that another group canceled their rooms and she now has available 8 rooms on Friday and 6 rooms on Saturday.

Regarding the Friday BBQ and beer drinking behind the motel: I have 18 people signed up (That is, ones committed to bringing something to eat, drink, etc).

A quick summary is: 18 hamburger paddies, 24 buns, paper plates, knives and forks, 36 beers of various delights, Chips, onions, relish, coleslaw, potato salad and what ever. Note, more drinking after eating will require more visits to the grocery store next door.

If you haven't signed up to bring something yet, do it now. Thanks. [SIZE=18pt]Too Late (6-19-08)[/SIZE]

You will have to pick up stuff at the grocery store, like: Hamburger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer, I had to cancel this weekend. My company had asked me to work this weekend in order to get a project done on time.

I am goint to miss everyone and miss the great riding.

All have a lot of fun and ride safe.

Lori

BKR CHK

More regrets! Due to an unresolved back pain issue that is not responding very well to mega doses of Vicoden, 15 year old Scotch, accupuncture, and much moaning and groaning, I have to step away.

Have fun! Ride safely! See you all soon at another ride!

From Enumclaw... is the 410 road that heads to Greenwater, then south into Route 123 open to Packwood?

Mapquest is routing me that way.

Thanks in advance!

[SIZE=12pt]Ride to Packwood from Vancouver:[/SIZE]

I am going to ride to Packwood by way of Hwy 14 to SR141 to BZ Corner then on to Glenwood and Goldendale. Just can't get enough of those roads. From Goldendale, I will ride up US97 to I-82 then to Yakima with a left on US 12 and using 12 all the way to Packwood.

The ride is 276 miles and if timed correctly we should get to Packwood around 3:30-4:15pm, just in time to start the coals for the BBQ. I will fill up with gas in Washougal making Packwood the next gas stop or 255 miles.

Anyone is welcome to come along. Meet at Washougal Chevron next to the Burger King (9:45-10:00am)

:yahoo: I am leaving San Juan Island on the 8:00 am ferry and should be to Packwood around 3:00 pm. After a stop in the store I would be happy to help prepare for the BBQ.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Dave

:yahoo: I am leaving San Juan Island on the 8:00 am ferry and should be to Packwood around 3:00 pm. After a stop in the store I would be happy to help prepare for the BBQ.
See ya'll tomorrow.

Dave
Dave,

Anything you can do would be great. Check out the back lawn area and make sure there are tables set up and the BBQ is ready for us. We can take a collection for fuel and around 5-5:30, pick up Match Lite briquettes next door then start the BBQ at that time. Wendy said that they had a cooler and we will need to fill it with ice to put the beer in. Get the ice from the ice machine. Sit back and have a beer while you wait for more of use to arrive.

Ask Wendy if she has some rags, hose and a bucket to wash the bikes (Windshields)??????

Have a great ride down. The weather should get better as you go south, so the weather man said. Look forward to seeing you.

Hi Ken,

Should I thaw out some HB & bring it for patties? I can bring cheese, tomatoes, sprouts & dill pickles & anything else you might need at the last minute here...(we didn't sign up for any food yet)

We'll see you in PW before the sun sets and after all the beer is cold! (just kidding)

L

I am hoping to pull in about about 7:30/8:00. I can't leave until about 4PM, some idiot scheduled a meeting at work. Plan on jetting up I5 and then out highway 12, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bill

Blufjr -Ask Wendy if she has some rags, hose and a bucket to wash the bikes (Windshields)??????
You're kidding, right? :huh: Maybe I should wash it before I leave to get the last 10k of grit off?

@650cent - What, you can't delegate? Bluetooth phones were made for this. Or at least call from the road. You're not that indispensable are you? :p

I should be there around 3-4 pm, so I'll check on BBQ and see if he needs help with the beer lifts. Heck, two drunks ought to be able to light briquettes.....MORE FLUID!!........now toss the match. [SIZE=8pt]oh yeah, you might want to step back a bit[/SIZE]

We're leaving Auburn about noon, going around the back side of Rainier (SR 123). We might detour and run up to White Pass and back. Should be at the motel about 4 or 5 :yahoo:

See you all there. Looks like the weather might cooperate mostly... :clapping:

Hi Ken,
Should I thaw out some HB & bring it for patties? I can bring cheese, tomatoes, sprouts & dill pickles & anything else you might need at the last minute here...(we didn't sign up for any food yet)

We'll see you in PW before the sun sets and after all the beer is cold! (just kidding)

L
[SIZE=14pt]cheese, tomatoes, sprouts & dill pickles[/SIZE]

Them items thar is what we need.

I have 18 big (1/3lb) sirloin HB patties as that was the count of people signed up to bring something and that was the size of the package. We can get more at the store next door if someone wants seconds or we get more people.

I rode through Paradise today about 1pm and waved at a couple of FJRs heading out in the opposite direction. Was that anybody from this ride?

I didn't know that I'd have today off, otherwise woulda joined up for the whole weekend. Either way, I hope whoever it was enjoyed the afternoon ride as much as I did.

Could have been us. I was two-up with my wife on a blue '06 and with AirBear on his '07. We had lunch at the Paradise Inn right about noon. Got a little wet right as we were leaving but ended soon after.

Nice job on the Volcano Ride Ken. Sandra and I had a good time and more importantly, she enjoyed the riding and the social time. Nice to meet everyone and I hope to see many of you again on other rides or events.

Took the scenic way home via Johnston Ridge (that road doesn't go through, there's some kinda hill/crater in the way). :eek:

Eric V.

Ken, great event! Thanks for organizing the event!

Maybe next year we won't have so much snow so we can ride the 25, 90 and 99 roads.

Saw some places I hadn't seen before, and met some great people. Thanks Ken, for slowing down and letting us keep up with you :) Now I'm really looking forward to Golden.

Bill

+1 to Ken. You are an awesome organizer and tour guide. I spoke so much about the weekend that my wife finally told me to shut up.

I enjoyed meeting with you guys and gals and looking at all of your Bikes. Anyway my choice of Farkles is now solidifying. I'm looking forward to seeing and riding with all of you again.

OCFJR thanks for those BMW part numbers.

Dave