2008 FJR Owners Volcano Ride #4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about "good beer",but it's a full fledged grocery story. I'd imagine they'll have a fair selection, alot of Tacoma/Seattle folks have ski cabins in Packwood. There's always The Blue Spruce Tavern, they might have a good selection.
Thanks for the tip Lisa. Say hello to Mr. Lisa for me. I already warned the SO about him. Looking forward to a fun weekend with this crowd.

Hey Stephen, is a ZX14 a scooter? No matter, you're always welcome, panties and all. :D

Ummmmmmmmmm.........No!

She's a horsewoman. If my motorcycle had 4 legs and ate hay, I'd be "in like Flint". Until then, it's solo! :glare:

The undies go good with the DVD. :dribble:

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Ummmmmmmmmm.........No!
She's a horsewoman. If my motorcycle had 4 legs and ate hay, I'd be "in like Flint". Until then, it's solo! :glare:

The undies go good with the DVD. :dribble:

:yahoo: :yahoo:
Dude. Your avatar is giving me seizures. :wacko:

;)

Hey Stephen, is a ZX14 a scooter? No matter, you're always welcome, panties and all. :D
Scooter??? Oh, yea. Just a little 50cc thang. I have to leave Monroe on Wednesday just to get to wherever the heck Packwood is on Friday. Keep the lights on. eh? :p

[SIZE=12pt]Everyone coming to FOVR #4:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I will be out of town Tuesday-Thursday in the weeks of 6-3 and the week of 6-17 and have booked most of the weekends. I will have limited time to do any fine tuning at the last minute. It would be helpful if you all can review the intro-post (click for Intro post) for what I have you down for and the Friday BBQ food commitment (click for food commitment). Food adjustments will be based on how many plan on being there for the BBQ so base your shopping on the number of food bearers posted. Beer is always safe and the store next door should have plenty of that.[/SIZE]

Thanks and I am really looking forward to seeing all of you and riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up to 3 guests (total of 4 of us)... not sure on the 3rd guests Prime Rib choice, but Ill say yes for the sake of making sure there's enough. If he doesn't want it, I'll eat it :D

Sign me up for all the potato salad, I can get a 5lb bucket of it at Costco. I'm not sure what my guests are bringing, I'll post up when I know for sure.

-- My vote for Saturday is ride #1 - Suggested Ride #1: (Click for Map) Leave Packwood at 7:30 am to Windy Ridge (51m), to Carson (128m), to Glenwood (175m), Goldendale lunch/gas (211m) to Bickleton (246m), to Yakima (310m) to Chinook Pass (377m) to Packwood (405m).

Thanks for everyone's time organizing this! Man... I can't wait! This is gonna be a blast! :yahoo:

Jason

You can put me down for prime rib and pie, Sat.

For the bbq I'll bring some big buns (and some sort of bread for burgers :D ) and at least a six pack of some good micro-brew.

And I'll vote for ride #1, assuming open roads, of course. That's a favorite loop of mine, although I usually run it clockwise.

Thought for a minute that I'd like to join you guys but, as it turns out, I'll be on a week long ride and it doesn't look like I'll cross into Washington until the Monday. Hmmm... maybe I should talk to the others about reversing the ride plan.

I'm going to save your maps for a future trip. Have a great ride.

:yahoo: I have scheduled time off and attempted to make an on-line reservation. Do I need to sign up for something or can ya'all just assign me something to bring?

Looking forward to meeting!

:yahoo:

Dave

Ok - my other guests are up for 2 more 6 packs and the relish... bringing us to

5lb potato salad - jgrover

6 pack - jgrover guest 1

6 pack - jgrover guest 2

Relish - jgrover guest 3

:yahoo: I have scheduled time off and attempted to make an on-line reservation. Do I need to sign up for something or can ya'all just assign me something to bring?
Looking forward to meeting!

:yahoo:

Dave
Dave,

You are schedule for one Prime Rib dinner on Saturday and you are to bring (or buy at the store next door to the motel) 2-6 pack large hamburger buns.

You register by posting and taking the poll here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=29192

Looking forward to the fun,

Ken

Alright, got my room reserved for Friday night. Sorry I won't be able to make the Saturday night food fest but my daughter has a dance thing going on Sunday that is a must attend. I will make a food run Friday night for whatever is needed. BBQ, beer, and a fine cigar around the pool sounds great, not counting the lively company :D Going to try a get out of work early to beat some of the herd across the river. See everyone there, drive careful.

Bill

This sounds like a good time. Wish I could make it.

Did I say this already?

Edit - Wow, post #1000, and I wasted it on this spectacular comment. I spend too much time here...

Email from BiggiBoyBlue: I thought BBB concerns and my response may address what many are thinking or feeling about our Event:

Dont mean to rain, or snow as it were, on your parade. I would love to join up with you guys and gals but I was just at Cougar this weekend and they say 25 aint opening up any time soon. I am heading to the HCMR in Baker City and was gonna come back via Bikleton and Randle and then Cougar and Battle Ground. The Ranger station in Vancouver and Cougar made me cry :( when they said the Snow will still be there and the gate will still be closed. If you have better or newer info let me know and I will try to catch up with you guys at the Eagle Cliff Store.
I hope I am wrong.
Every year I move the date for this spring Volcano Ride back a week and Mother Nature keeps throwing curves at it. This year it is scheduled on the last day Spring and first day of summer. The first year we rode to Windy Ridge on May 11th, but it was cold and raining (the week before I rode to Windy Ridge in 65-70 sunny weather). The next year, I moved the date back another week to the 15-17th and the snow stopped us on FR25 about two miles from FR99, and if coming from the north, you were stopped at the gate on FR99. The next year we were stopped from both directions at Wakepish (FR99). We had a nice visit there and then all went on our way. I moved it back another week this year hoping to get to Windy Ridge this year. It appears that Mother Nature is going to stop us again. The Event will still happen, but we will change the ride on Saturday. Right now I am suggesting an alternative of riding to Chinook Pass, which is open now, and then through MT. Rainier National Park, then down to Johnston Ridge to look at the Volcano and then back to Packwood. A nice scenic ride but or course not with the Class A tight twisty type roads. We have a number of two up riders and others that may want to travel at a sight-seeing pace, which will work better with this 300 mile ride.

Just the way the cards fall. Remember, this is a gathering and the real event is the sociallizing that occurs at the Inn and along the ride. I'm really looking forward to it as other dinning events with these people have been great.

Hope to see you at he Inn on Friday night for the BBQ or Saturday at Peters Inn for dinner or even ride up Saturday morning and do the whole ride with us. With the late sunset, you can still make it home before dark if you leave around 8:30. Would love to have you come along.

Like I said, I'm still looking forward to a great time, meeting and talking with the other FJR riders, drinking beer, etc.

Ken

Sorry Ken, I have pulled the plug on our room reservations. Oatmeal and I will not be on the June Volcano Ride if we can't ride to Windy Ridge. I look forward to seeing you again some time in August for Volcano Ride II.

I am going to be there Saturday and stay for the night. Wife and I will be there for the dinner to.

Sorry for the late registration.

Kent :dribble: