2008 Hayabusa

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rad

Reaction score
I just located a near by dealer who is selling the 2008 Hayabusa for 10699.00. that is 1300.00 below msrp. :clapping:

Talk about tempting. :rolleyes:

I just sold a M109R and planned to take a sabbatical from bikes for a while, but.................... :dribble:

I just located a near by dealer who is selling the 2008 Hayabusa for 10699.00. that is 1300.00 below msrp. :clapping: Talk about tempting. :rolleyes:

I just sold a M109R and planned to take a sabbatical from to ridebikes for a while, but.................... :dribble:

There, fixed it for you.

Seriously, though, is the busa something you've wanted for a while, or is this just a spur of the moment thing? I figure, a post like yours, either you're looking for someone to tell you to go for it, or someone to talk you out of it, so which?

So you're not really thinking about buying it, you're just surprised at the price...

I must admit, as much as I love my FJR, the hayabusa is an amazing machine, and a heck of a deal for the money. For me, the busa is a little more sporty than fits my needs. But, of course, if you're looking for more sport, it's a heck of a bike, and a lot more touring capable than most sport bikes. If I had a busa, I would end up putting luggage on it, risers, probably a seat, and in the end stick so much into making it as comfortable as the FJR, that I might as well just get the FJR...and that's just what I did.

I also like the Ninja zx-14, and I'm fairly surprised at how inexpensive they are, compared to other sport bikes, like an R1 or a CBR1000.

I stopped loooking at Rockets!!

I had too... I have a problem with my right wrist!!

The power of my hopped up FJR-1 is too much already!!

Man has to know his weakness and I don't need anymore power!!

WW

So you're not really thinking about buying it, you're just surprised at the price...
I must admit, as much as I love my FJR, the hayabusa is an amazing machine, and a heck of a deal for the money. For me, the busa is a little more sporty than fits my needs. But, of course, if you're looking for more sport, it's a heck of a bike, and a lot more touring capable than most sport bikes. If I had a busa, I would end up putting luggage on it, risers, probably a seat, and in the end stick so much into making it as comfortable as the FJR, that I might as well just get the FJR...and that's just what I did.

I also like the Ninja zx-14, and I'm fairly surprised at how inexpensive they are, compared to other sport bikes, like an R1 or a CBR1000.
As I said, 1300.00 off msrp is a pretty good deal, at least to me.

My last three bikes have been a FJR, Speed Triple and M109R. Great bikes, loved them all, for about a year. I don't get very attached to motorcycles. Just might pull the trigger on a busa, but I have plenty of time. In this economy bikes are not exactly blowing off the showroom floor. In 3-4 months it will still be a buyer's market. When the 09's hit the showroom, pricing will be even better.

FJR is a great bike. Been there, done that. If I was in the market for a ST I would buy the FJR in a heart beat.

Ok, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :rolleyes:

The 'Busa (ask Warchild) or the ZX14 (ask me) are great bikes. I think WC would agree that, all things considered, the ZX14 is a slightly better "touring" bike. The new 'Busa' is the ultimate sportbike.

The ZX14, I'm finding out, is terrific for the "in-between" tourer... that is, short, repetitive jaunts instead of the L- O- N- G saddle times (like I do on my FJR). So instead of 4+ hours of non-stop travel, the ZX14 is good for an hour plus. It all depends on your touring style.

Now, back on topic.............

You can wheel and deal for $1000+ (if not more) for most bikes right now. The economy is in the shitter and no end is in sight. That means it's a great time to buy a bike, a house, property, etc.

It was used, but at a local store I found an '08 Busa selling for $8,600. I didn't ask if there were any problems with it... but there were 2400 miles on it and there didn't appear to be any scratches or what not...

I bought mine for 10,900 and sold it couple of months ago for 8500 with 3000 miles on it..

An extremely fast and stable GT SPORT tourer. Faster feeling than the ZX14 I had. The 14 had better brakes and a plusher ride and was slightly more comfie..Removing the bodywork on the Busa for a simple oil change was a headache whereas the 14 required no bodywork removal. I liked the looks of the Busa and it was an absolute blast on faster roads or the interstate..like having a nuclear reacter attached to your right hand..

When I got my FJR, I sold it for the more nimble ZX10R. It's a blast as well but is more of an extreme, intense kind of acceleration available over a much smaller range of rpms..stability can be an issue as well even when going in a straight line with a relaxed grip it can want to shake its head.

The 10R is the best handling bike I've ever owned regardless of displacement.

It never ceases to amaze me the gains that are made every couple of years in performance with all the manufacturers.

100_0054.jpg

Thats what I always think as well, what I REALLY need is to just get another 10-15hp to the rear tire on the FJR and thatd close the gap some!! DO they make a BIG BORE kit for the FJR?

of course another option would be to get a Triumph ROcket 3 touring AND a Busa!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it! Busa's are definitely fun. I find (at least for shorter runs), I'll grab the keys to my Busa, rather than my FJR, every time! Campared to the Busa, the FJR is a mild machine.

I've always liked Busa's, but I have admit, IMO the rear end of the new generation Busa's are damn ugly. To me it looks like something that came out of the Studebaker-Packard factory years ago. I don't plan to upgrade my '05 Busa until some after-market company comes out with a whole replacement for that back end. Wonder why Suk felt it needed the body changes? The original looked just fine to me! :D

SR-71

I've always liked Busa's, but I have admit, IMO the rear end of the new generation Busa's are damn ugly.
The unfortunate thing here is that that's the position most will see of the Busa.... from the rear only. And just briefly. ;)

To me it looks like something that came out of the Studebaker-Packard factory years ago.
Anything can be made beautiful by adding a 300-mile run through muddy rain.... as they say, "A clean bike......" :lol:

304680025_qLm4i-L.jpg

Wonder why Suk felt it needed the body changes? The original looked just fine to me! :D
SR-71
It's the same goofy bunch that designed the B-King! :dribble:

But I'm guessin' it's design was tweaked in a wind tunnel. It looks pretty well rounded.

WC that's the best looking tail end of a new Busa rear I've ever seen. Agreed... don't wash it! :)

Some after-market company would definitely make a killing if they'd come out with a replacement for the Busa's tail end.

SR-71

understood. flipping the coin around, to get the fjr close to the 'busa's engine performance would also require some cash input. a 'busa with fjr ergos and 'bags would be cheaper than an fjr with 'busa power.

i'd considered the hayabusa when i was shopping for The New Bike. didn't check on insurance, but i wondered about it.

getting back to original post, that is a great price for that much of a bike.

dean

cincinnati

I stopped loooking at Rockets!!I had too... I have a problem with my right wrist!!

The power of my hopped up FJR-1 is too much already!!

Man has to know his weakness and I don't need anymore power!!

WW
This pretty much sums up where I am at the moment. I have a 06 ZX-14 which is almost exclusively a dragstrip bike now.

Its a real rush but it gets me in trouble on the street. The track is the only place I can really use all this power anymore

without losing my license.