2011 IBR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I wanted to share this info with you guys. I decided to use the Michellin PR3 for the rally. I ahd a new set put on just before the start in Seatlle. I rode 10,700 miles in the IBR and approx 2000 home so about 12700-13000 miles on these tires.

IMGP1555.jpg

Rear Tire

IMGP1556.jpg

Front Tire

The following pics are of my bent wheel that happened in Oklahoma at about midnight.

IMGP1554.jpg

IMGP1558.jpg

This is how dirty and nasty a bike looks after 15000 miles with no cleaning

IMGP1553.jpg

And this is My gaurdien Angel Hulla Girl Compliments of SkooterG

IMGP1559.jpg

Yo Mikey - that rear PR3, it looks like it is near the wear bars in the center. Is that right? Bummer on the wheels. :yahoo: for the Hula Girl!

Congrats on finishing the IBR! *Slap upside the head* for sleeping through the banquet! What, tired after 11 days on the road? Wuss!

Again, congrats on that 3 digit IBA number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Mikey - that rear PR3, it looks like it is near the wear bars in the center. Is that right? Bummer on the wheels. :yahoo: for the Hula Girl!

Congrats on finishing the IBR! *Slap upside the head* for sleeping through the banquet! What, tired after 11 days on the road? Wuss!

Again, congrats on that 3 digit IBA number.
Yea it is just about to the wear bars on the rear and the front is worse than the pic shows but I am happy with that mileage.

This is how dirty and nasty a bike looks after 15000 miles with no cleaning
Didn't you take advantage of the free bike rinses they were handing out? I did. In the midwest, northeast, and southeast. Courtesy of Mother Nature ;) .

Those PR3's sound like a good tire. Gonna try 'em when the prices come down.

Looks like the rear is starting to square-off like the PR2's do after many highway miles. But at least you can see if it still has tread left on it.

Nice job on your successful finish and it was nice meeting you!

This is the PR2 from Corey Nuehring's bike (01VFR) He had around 13,000 miles on it and it still has some tread left but is flat spotted pretty bad.

DSC04586.jpg

Initial PR3 reports were not good - so thanks for posting up you LD experience with these tires.

..In the mean time, this CBA rider has 4 new front/rear PR2's bought at discount prices - Woot Woot!

BTW - I wish I had known who you were on the SpotWalla map...

..and Congrats for running with the big Girlz n' Boyz!

..edit -

Would it be safe to say a CT on a MB ain't needed for the IBR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on a great IBR! :)

Out of curiosity, do you have experience with the PR2's, and if so, how do you think they compare to the new PR3s?

Great info on the tires. Congrats on being a Finisher!

Too bad that all that use made your wheels and tires lay on their sides like that though.

Congrats on a great IBR! :)

Out of curiosity, do you have experience with the PR2's, and if so, how do you think they compare to the new PR3s?
I had been using PR2 and have a new set I was going to use for the Rally but decided to go PR3. They seem to wear about the same maybe a little better. They feel great wet or dry but I cant say I really felt any difference from the PR2. I will continue to use PR3 on the FJR.