2011 SW-FOG

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FJR Forum Folks are the Very Best! Another Successful and Super Fun SW-FOG indeed! Tons of laughter, lots of miles ridden together, delicious meals shared, heard plenty of new jokes and just enjoyed being with Great FJR Friends. See you in Colorado in 2012!

As much as it pains me to do so. I have to agree with Don.

SWFOG was an exceptional venue, met lots of old friends made some new ones, and got to share a room with Duke!

I just got home an hour+ back. Leaving Taos @ 0600 down NM518 was cold and rainy, but I made good time and ended up doing ~750 miles that day. I had intended to do more, but stopped for fuel and next door was a Motel 6 and a steak restaurant, so spent the night @ Van Buren, AR.

Waking up ~0500 I set off and made the 1130 miles to my house in 16-1/2 hours. That aux fuel tank sure came in handy as I only needed three fuel "loads" to get home.

The little woman was happy to see me as were the critters; they've gone back to bed but I'm still a little wired from the road so getting in a little online time.

Great meeting you all and riding the roads! Sure do look forward to seeing you all again.

I just got home an hour+ back. Leaving Taos @ 0600 down NM518 was cold and rainy, but I made good time and ended up doing ~750 miles that day. I had intended to do more, but stopped for fuel and next door was a Motel 6 and a steak restaurant, so spent the night @ Van Buren, AR.

Waking up ~0500 I set off and made the 1130 miles to my house in 16-1/2 hours. That aux fuel tank sure came in handy as I only needed three fuel "loads" to get home.

The little woman was happy to see me as were the critters; they've gone back to bed but I'm still a little wired from the road so getting in a little online time.

Great meeting you all and riding the roads! Sure do look forward to seeing you all again.
+1, Gunny; glad to hear you are home safe and sound Jim, it was a pleasure meeting you!

Not bad for a Harley rider. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tragically, all the big babies were in bed around 8pm. Big D, Pinhead, two couples, the guy whose name I suddenly can't remember and me were the only ones up after 10. My gawd...If this is what retirement is like, I'm gonna jump off a bridge the day after I hit my 20.
That was Highlander, FJROB and the ladies doing our share to drink the hotel dry of imported beer ! :) Some one had to step up for the Cali crew !

We're home now, not without a couple adventures, including stranded about an hour out of Taos with a gashed tire that 15 sticky strings could not fix ( major kudos to Old Michael and Bokerfork for actually stopping and even trying to help ;) till the tow was finally arranged ),then riding through a couple thunder cells with lightning strikes all around us for hours on end ! :blink:

Thanks to Big-D and Beemerdon, and crew for the organization of the run, I think everyone there would agree it was a great time !

Last day our run was 850 miles @ 14 hours, 35 minutes per Google maps, I think we beat that time tho ! :rolleyes: Page AZ to the Santa Cruz Mountains and home sweet home.

Sent Cheryl a card saying "attaboy" (girl?) for making life easy during the stay. Wouldn't hurt to shower her with a little attention like she did us, I think. :rolleyes:

Last day our run was 850 miles @ 14 hours, 35 minutes per Google maps, I think we beat that time tho ! :rolleyes: Page AZ to the Santa Cruz Mountains and home sweet home.
Brother Dave, thank you for checking in and very glad to hear that the Kali Krew is now home safe and sound. Very sorry to hear about the tire incident, that is always a drag on a moto. See you at SW-FOG 2012 in Colorado!

Brother Dave, thank you for checking in and very glad to hear that the Kali Krew is now home safe and sound. Very sorry to hear about the tire incident, that is always a drag on a moto. See you at SW-FOG 2012 in Colorado!
Not sure of the other Cali crew, our travel speeds don't match, so we're most always solo most of the time when we hit the road. They were planing a three day return trip, so they may be getting home about now.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Kolorado.............mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Congratulations to all who made the smart move last week by NOT staying too long at the fair. As I did. I hung around northern NM for the Land of Enchantment BMW Riders' weekend rally at Sipapu, the event which shall be forever known as The Rally that Disenchanted the Spirits of Sunny Skies and Warmth. Yup, cloudy, cold, foggy, rainy. Hour after hour after hour through Friday and Saturday. Luckily, I had shared space in a cabin. However, many who pitched tents Thursday and Friday pulled up stakes by noon Saturday.

The sun did come out Sunday morning for the ride home. And I got a performance award.

The sun did come out Sunday morning for the ride home. And I got a performance award.
Glad that you came to SW-FOG 2011 Chris and it was a pleasure to meet and ride with you!

Sorry to hear about the performance award, I think that you were the only one so honored!!
I guess Chris received that award with great pleasure and admiration of all who attended for stepping up to the plate by representing those of us that probably deserved the same type of recognition, but failed to be recognized by the Academy of Citations & Awards.

Glad that you came to SW-FOG 2011 Chris and it was a pleasure to meet and ride with you!

Sorry to hear about the performance award, I think that you were the only one so honored!!
I guess Chris received that award with great pleasure and admiration of all who attended for stepping up to the plate by representing those of us that probably deserved the same type of recognition, but failed to be recognized by the Academy of Citations & Awards.
LOL I got all the way home fine, then yesterday I took my cage (Hemi powered!) over to see a friend in the hospital and got pulled over on the way back. We went back and forth on just what my actions and justifications were, and I got off with a warning! Whew!!!!!!!

I had a lady deputy and being the good looking son of a gun that I am didn't hurt................

We're home in one piece (Sunday evening), including my sore, skinny white ass :rolleyes: We took 3 days to get back home -- Taos to Winslow AZ (where we stood on a sreet corner), then to Barstow, CA (an unfortunate place), and back to Rancho C.

Total of 2677 wonderful miles for the meet :yahoo: A laid back meet which we really enjoyed :) ,, big thanks to HRZ, DigD and BeemerD for pulling the whole deal together :clapping: Was great to see old friends and add a few more faces to names :)

I'll get some pics together soon I hope.

Thingfish and I split up in eastern PA around 6:00 PM Sunday so he could head to NJ and me to NY. Got home safe in three days instead of the four days I planned, so I get to save a vacation day for later this year. :)

This was a great rally and I enjoyed everything about it. I couldn't believe that I spent 10 days riding and never donned my rain gear. We came close a few times, and did get rained on for a few minutes several times on Saturday and Sunday, but never so much that we needed rain gear.

Now that I've eaten chili in NM I am spoiled and will never again enjoy the stuff they serve in the east.

Thanks Don and BigD for pulling this together and to everyone else for making it a lot of fun.

Just wanted to let anyone interested in SW-FOG 2012 know that Papa Chuy will not be able to participate in this Event from August 1-15. I have to go off and ride the Alps! I know, it is a shitty job, but damnit somebody has to do it! https://www.fjrforum....=0
Damn! I can't do SW-FOG 2012 either. I gotta go to the Alps too.
Sigh_Emoticon___VERSION_TWO.gif

In fact, is is kind of a bummer--was looking forward to the Colorado trip, but even if we're back, it might be a little hard to justify, iff'n ya know what I mean.

AND, we speak english here...Mostly!

Besides...Its nearly a year away and not set in stone. Just change the date. Buncha girls!