2012 Europe Sausagefest & Gelato Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some spare time so I added some video from Day 3 of the tour. The first part of the video is near Merano, Italy as we take some backroads to find a nice little hotel up in the hills for a morning coffee stop. The second part of the video was shot on the Passo di Mendola near Bolzano (I think) ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5wzDrzpxyo&hd=1

Enjoy!

I am going to add a link to my Dropbox later today so you can load a better version of this since YouTube seems to want to compress the crap out of this and you loose the readout from the GPS which is fun to watch after the 8 minute mark as it tries to keep track of where we are going.

I had some spare time so I added some video from Day 3 of the tour. The first part of the video is near Merano, Italy as we take some backroads to find a nice little hotel up in the hills for a morning coffee stop. The second part of the video was shot on the Passo di Mendola near Bolzano (I think) ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5wzDrzpxyo&hd=1

Enjoy!

I am going to add a link to my Dropbox later today so you can load a better version of this since YouTube seems to want to compress the crap out of this and you loose the readout from the GPS which is fun to watch after the 8 minute mark as it tries to keep track of where we are going.
Wow! Sweeeet!! Thanks :clapping:

What a great report. I should have gone on the tour instead of going to Sturgis and your pictures tell a great story. I am taking lessons from you and will take more beer pictures than food pictures. Thanks for posting you trip.

Another gorgeous video. Every time I watch one, I'm right back there. Gotta say, we were all passing (and speeding) with such abandon that it was possible to get a little carried away, something I saw quite a few times, and may have even done myself at least once. After one of those days (what Bill called the "rest" day, which also could be called the "best" day), I remember commenting that if we'd done the same ride anywhere in California, we'd have scored about 50 tickets apiece--if we'd kept out of jail! And everybody agreed. Easy to get in that mindset when there was basically zero visible traffic enforcement. All week long. Nice we all made it home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am taking lessons from you and will take more beer pictures than food pictures. Thanks for posting you trip.
Please note that I only took photos of QUALITY beer. No one is interested in photos of Coors Light.
bad.gif

Another gorgeous video. Every time I watch one, I'm right back there. Gotta say, we were all passing (and speeding) with such abandon that it was possible to get a little carried away, something I saw quite a few times, and may have even done myself at least once. After one of those days (what Bill called the "rest" day, which also could be called the "best" day), I remember commenting that if we'd done the same ride anywhere in California, we'd have scored about 50 tickets apiece--if we'd kept out of jail! And everybody agreed. Easy to get in that mindset when there was basically zero visible traffic enforcement. All week long. Nice we all made it home.
Just remember that the Speed Limit on rural roads in Italy was 90 kph and that included Stelvio Pass. I don't think Rossi could hit 90 kph on that road. I know I spent a lot of time in second and third gear & was down in first gear on a number of the hairpins which is why it took us as long as it did to do 250 km in a day. The average speeds really were not that high. I also spent very little time on the center of the tire and most of the wear was on the edges. It sure was fun. Mind you those roads would be posted 10 kph around here with speed bumps every meter to slow you down.

I am taking lessons from you and will take more beer pictures than food pictures. Thanks for posting you trip.
Please note that I only took photos of QUALITY beer. No one is interested in photos of Coors Light.
bad.gif

Now ya did it!! Carver is going to be pissed at yer dissing of his drink of choice. :eek:

From AZ Beemers Club Member Gary "Mudslide" Miller:

On the 4th day ride that we did along Lake Guarda in Italy, one side of the lake was just a series of tunneling through.  This video was taken by Daniel.

Link directly to youtube.
Looks like some local knowledge on the rider's part!
punk.gif

--G
Muchas Gracias muy Guapo Jorge, those European locals know their own back roads so damn well they just smoke we Gringos! On Italian, Austrian, German and Swiss passes they blow past we Yankees like we have our motos glued to the pavement! jes' sayin and nuff said, Mi Motocicleta es muy Rapido ese!

Last edited by a moderator: