2012 FJR1300 information released

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I like the unique "Titanium/Liquid Silver" on my '09 FJR-AE, it's a little too unique, no colored farkles (e.g. rear trunk) ever match, but what the heck, I can't see that while I'm riding.

And while we all could find a nit that we think would be nicely fixed in the next redesign, none of us wants to buy the first few years of a new design because none of the old farkles fit, and that custom seat we bought was damned expensive.

I suspect Yamaha won't mess with the FJR until sales fall below a certain low number in North America, or somebody else really dominates the ST bike category and Yamaha is moved to compete again.

BTW, the Admin should be told that page 3 of this thread is infected with a picture from a website know for PC virus delivery. My state-of-the art virus detector would not let me load page 3 and instead gave me a scary message (here's part of it: "www.fjrforum.com contains content from www.onlyimage.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."). I don't know how to report that, so I guess I just did that here.

See you on the highway,

Granger

Since "messages per page" is user-defined, you need to be more specific. This thread fits on 1 page based on my configuration. Message #, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it come stock with dry clutch plates... :angry:

Can you tell that I am pretty pissed that my 09 black beauty is suffering from this?

but where's the cruise control, and the traction control, and the seat warmer/cooler that everyone has been promising me?!?!?!

EDIT: How could I forget the missing 6 speed transmission?!?! Those bastards!!!
Has enyone else here ever been to a motorcycle dealership? Have you noticed that other manufacturers make models that have color options? Is this a sign that FJR sales are so low that it's not cost effective to offer color options?

When I bought my CBR, I think there were something like 6 color options!!!
No body is making 6 color options these days. And - hey I like that they haven't changed the bike in 6 years. Makes my 09 hold its value better. (hmm. $16k for a new model, or 10k for a slightly used, yet otherwise mint bike....)

Didn't suzuki actually skip model years on some models, without actually discontinuing?

If I lost my FJR somehow, I might pick an S10 next.. Or a GS. If it had an inkling it might get 8k out of the tires.

Latest posts