2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could say definitively where those vids were shot. 'Cept I don't know where I am right now. Let alone when I'm following somebody on the bike.

I do know however that Ohio roads suck wet wooly donkey dick. Their flat, rough straight lines. Don't go there. Don't even get me started on those Amish guys. Mocking me while all covered in coal dust, drinking shine and playing banjo's.

Oh ya, and 271 has at the highest police presence of any Highway I've ever seen.

I was down to South East Ohio on the weekend and I rode all over the place and I couldn't find any of the roads that you guys talked about... :angry2: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Them's my favorite kind of roads...that's why I have to get back there every daggone year. :D
I didn't get enough of slaloming around the road muffins. I still think I'm going back in July with some friends.

Right now I'm in Belleville spending the night (sorry Rob and Yamafitter, I drove through your towns and didn't even wave) Doing the FAST Race School at Shannonville in the morning.

What are you riding at race school? Please don't tell me that you are riding your FJR.
Well I've gotta do something to keep up with you old, mature riders. :D

It a race school taught by Micheal Mercier (4 times Cdn Superbike Champion, 24 #1 plates). I used their bike (2011 R6) and their gear.

I'm posting this from my hotel room and I'm feckin exhausted. Riding on adrenalin all day.

All I know is my internal tiltometer is broken forever. I *HAVE* to do phase 2 of the course, it's that good.

Pics and report coming up later this week after I get home.

Humans should not be allowed to have that much fun!

1. Lemme know - I can be in Caldwell in a couple hours.

2. Bullshit. You have no friends.
Busted. I'll give you and Joe as much warning as I can. I'm just trying to corral my buddies. Club racer with ZX-10, Kim on her BMW 1000RR and Ed on his Bandit. Looks like they'll have a case of SandyVag because their already talking about renting a trailer.

It'll all probably fall apart like all good ideas do, but I'll be down again sometime this summer.

1. Lemme know - I can be in Caldwell in a couple hours.

2. Bullshit. You have no friends.
Busted. I'll give you and Joe as much warning as I can. I'm just trying to corral my buddies. Club racer with ZX-10, Kim on her BMW 1000RR and Ed on his Bandit. Looks like they'll have a case of SandyVag because their already talking about renting a trailer.

It'll all probably fall apart like all good ideas do, but I'll be down again sometime this summer.
Is Kim the girl that has the pink hair that used to ride the pearl white Busa?

LOL! No. I'm still not sure who you mean. Sounds like Shelley, she's got red hair a rides a black busa. Or it could be Trillium, she had a white busa, but no way she'd ever do her hair pink, unless she was riding with no helmet and was attempting to set a female flying mile record Maxton (AGAIN).

LOL! No. I'm still not sure who you mean. Sounds like Shelley, she's got red hair a rides a black busa. Or it could be Trillium, she had a white busa, but no way she'd ever do her hair pink, unless she was riding with no helmet and was attempting to set a female flying mile record Maxton (AGAIN).
I met a cute little woman from Ontario 2 years ago on my way to tha races at Mid-Ohio, at McD's off of Rt 71. She was riding a white Busa and had a wild due (maybe not pink), she was headed back to Canada from the AMA museum in Pickerington Oh, the bike was pretty loaded w/camping gear.

...I'll get pictures and videos posted later on.
Bullcheet.
laugh.gif

Okay Timmy, times up. Fork over the videos and photos.
clapping.gif
...Okay Timmy...we're still waiting here.
clapping.gif

tap...tap...tap...

...I'll get pictures and videos posted later on.
Bullcheet.
laugh.gif

Okay Timmy, times up. Fork over the videos and photos.
clapping.gif
...Okay Timmy...we're still waiting here.
clapping.gif

tap...tap...tap...

Bah! Called out again!

I am way behind on my ride reports and videos.

But I am off all next week and I'm going to make it a priority to get through those. I will post as soon as I can, with my head hung in shame.

Got the videos hosted on my server. Mine are just short clips, nothing special. Compared to the Contour and the GoPro, it doesn't take near the same quality. The camera is mounted on the left mirror, so it looks like I'm riding right down the center of the road most of the time. I can assure it isn't that close. Nick (naskie18) are in there too. His are better quality, but he doesn't have the ability to start and stop with the push of a button. He's running a Contour, but most of his are just full length video.

If anything notices anything noteworthy, please let me know. Sorry for the long, long delay.
fool.gif

S.E. Ramble Videos