2014 FJR Helmet lock brackets request

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
From looking at pictures on the interenet and several sent to me from a fellow forum member. It APPEARS the right side and left side subframes on the standard version hasn't changed (where my Helmet lock brackets bolt to).

The ES version, left side, different story. The seat lock has been mover farther back and there's some sort of steel object I need to work around.

I currently have feelers out to the local shops when / if they get a 2014 model (would be a big help).

I would prefer to have a 2014 model in my garage to work around that modded left subframe.

Request,

ANYONE, in SW Florida, or south Florida with an ES, willing to help out? It shouldn't take but a couple of hours, I'd GIVE a set of brackets for their time (and to take some pictures for directions). The 2013 left side bracket may fit, but I need to know before putting them on the market.. (I suspect it'll have to be changed for the ES).

Any takers, please PM me..

2013 left side shown:

LSinstalledNOoutlet12_zpsd3744b58.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed the same bracket on my 2014ES. That bracket will not fit on the left side but it did work on the right side. The left side subframe is fully occupied by the seat lock and bracket for rear suspension electric mechanism. I removed the helmet bracket from the left side of my 07 and lucky enough it works fine on the right side of the ES! Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks Art.

Seems the standard version 2014 is the same re bracket mountiing as the '13 model. The 2014 has that little plate there on the left side I need to work around. They also moved the seat lock back some.

My local dealer has a non ES '14 in stock, I need to track down an ES version and make something to fit the left side correctly (with the lasp still holding the helmet when opened).....

I took another look at the left side subframe and there is approx. 3/4" of free space btwn seat lock and suspension mechanism bracket. You could perhaps design a helmet bracket that uses that space for the run over the subframe and set the bracket face left. The suspension bracket does not stick out beyond the face of the subframe. Before you start cutting metal, you need to have the ES model and remove the side panel to get the actual dimensions.

UPDATE 1-3-13

With Art's help, we know the 2014 model(s) both the ES and standard, RS outlets fit (like the 2013 models).

For the ES model ONLY, the left side bracket DOES NOT FIT THE 2014 MODEL.

Another member and I ard working on a LOCK ONLY bracket for the ES Version, LS. More to follow..

Scott,

My bracket is a left side. Is the right side bracket the same width (portion over the subframe)? If they are the same, I think you will need to reduce the over band by 1/4". Just the over band not the base plate.

Art

Scott,My bracket is a left side. Is the right side bracket the same width (portion over the subframe)? If they are the same, I think you will need to reduce the over band by 1/4". Just the over band not the base plate.

Art
Shown is the plate prior to ANY bending, But yes, the frame rails are the same width on both sides.

The issue with the 06-13 models was getting the lock dead even inbetween the shock adjuster and the seat lock.

Obviously, there's no shock adjuster to worry about (with the ES), I just have to get the lock placement (where it won't interfere with the seat lock) but still bolt around the frame securely while getting around that new piece of steel/aluminum....

Just as a side note, your original LS bracket is very different (two bolts, different mounting) vs the single bolt (that secures the bracket and lock).

The single bolt set will work on the left side ES, I just need to actually pace a lock assembly next to the seat lock and see where the main bolt is going to end uo going (may be below that piece, may be above)...

If I knew the lock / bracket would fit in that spot, clamping around the frame (above that piece) I think that's where its headed... I've had several inquiries for the '14 model, just tryng to get something worthy..

Thanks Art, we'll get it figured out...

The bracket on the left is the CURRENT RIGHT SIDE. Making it exactly opposite, should fit on the left side ES...

Nice looking lock and bracket, who sells these? Thx!
I designed, manufacture and sell the brackets. You can either use a Yamaha lock assembly or a Helmet Guardian lock assembly. There's other options as well for additional electrical outlets. Just look for thr thread in the dealer/eller items at the bottom of the main page. The thread started, I believe in 200 and was currently updated as well for the newer models.

PM me with an e-mail address for other pic's, order form etc.

Right side, Gen II with NO electrical outlet (single or double outlets are also available):

**As a side note, I'll be looking at a 2014 REGULAR model for current fitment TODAY and get some measurements for the ES model Left side. I will still need a ES to test fit on...

Scott,

Looking at your current pic of the right side bracket, I think it will work on the left side on the ES if the over band is reduced by perhaps 1/4". You may have to extend the base section that amount in order to center the screw hole.

Scott,Looking at your current pic of the right side bracket, I think it will work on the left side on the ES if the over band is reduced by perhaps 1/4". You may have to extend the base section that amount in order to center the screw hole.
I agree.

Another member with a '14 model ES, is helping out. I'm going to send a cardboard template of the red bracket, he's getting lock assemblies anyway.

We'll then put them on the left side of the ES (with a mounting bolt) and see if I need to extend them or ?? I strongly suspect it'll fit that way. I would like to keep the clamping bolt as close to the frame as possible. If you want a regular RS bracket for your ES, (so the lasp opens correctly), PM me and we'll take care of that...

Thanks again Art, we'll get it sorted out.

hi townsends im a member from australia , i was wondering if you are interested in selling a set to suit a 01 model , i would loveto get a set for a good mate of mine, thanks heaps ,mark

hi townsends im a member from australia , i was wondering if you are interested in selling a set to suit a 01 model , i would loveto get a set for a good mate of mine, thanks heaps ,mark
Yes I can but, please e-mail me direct at: [email protected] PLEASE MENTION IN THE HEADER FJR.

They (to my knowledge) didn't make a 2001 model. I'm going to need some pictures of the bike. My brackets go from 2003 and up:

2003-2005

The Gen II and III's have some slight differences between the years:

With much help from Art Miller, he's confirmed that all 2013 lock brackets WILL fit on the 2014 (RIGHT SIDE) ES version (and standard version):

Pic's of Arts 2014 ES model (right side, no outlets):

Again, I'd ike to thank Art Miller and Mike Galvin (still helping with the LEFT side option) for thier help... More to follow re the Left side ES model.

*Once again, the standard suspended 2014 model, the left side brackets should fit like the 2013 model without issue...

The brackets for the U.S. 2003-2005 Gen1 should work fine on the 2001 from Australia.

Thanks Scott for posting the picture of the helmet lock on my 2014ES. For those with the Gen III, the right side bracket works really well. You will note the Gen III has a heat shield on the right side and that keeps the exhaust heat away from your helmet when attached.

After a month or so with MUCH help of another 2014 ES owner (and alot of shipping protoypes for test fitting), we have come up with a left side LOCK BRACKET ONLY (NO electrical outlets). It resides at about the location as the previous helmet lock brackets..(see below pic)

We are still working out some bugs, re electrical connectors on the Dual, RIGHT SIDE, outlet bracket (space issues with the electronic rear shock).

Once that's sorted, ES left side brackets will be available. The standard 2014 model uses the regular, previous brackets. I will post when their available.

BTW, with the simpler design, I was able to cut the cost down to $24.00 (plus shipping).

Can these be made to work with the bikes key?

Status
Not open for further replies.