2014 Heavyweight Sport-Tourer Shootout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even in this thread there are plenty of positive comments.

Remember that this discussion was set up by motorcycling journalists who chose to take a $26 000 motorcycle, compare it with bike costing vastly less, then declare it the winner.

Scorn is the least they deserve. They did no one, including the BMW, any favours.

A few months ago I was parked at the McDonald Observatory waiting for 10.00 am to come round. Two BMW K1600GTLs parked next to me ... They are gorgeous, and at that moment I would have swapped my first-born for one. If I owned one, why on earth would I feel the need to discuss any other bikes? Simple psychology of buying would pretty much rule that out :)

I have an elderly FJR1300. I feel lucky to have it considering what it replaced and my own budget. It is a fabulous bike but I'd ride anything, I always have.

Admin Note: I guess my subtle point should have been less subtle. People should return to Original Post which is about the "2014 Heavyweight Sport-Tourer Shootout" and not threadjack this or other threads on the forum.

Thank you.

The Management