2014 MotoGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take away after one event is that it looks a lot like last season. Not that that's there's anything wrong with that.

I know first race is over but I still like to put my predictions in my top 5

1 Lorenzo

2 Marquez

3 Rossi but this is tough on his position

4 Pedrosa

5 Stephen Bradl

The Yamaha's were competitive last year at Qatar too, but when they got to Austin, the track didn't suit them as well. I'm hoping they got their brakes working better this year. The Honda's could go so much deeper into the turns before braking. It was clearly noticeable. The boys at Yamaha should have an answer this year. It looks like allot better racing than last year! I'll be on the road to Austin in 14 days, Can't Wait!
coolsmiley02.gif

Michael Scott (in Cycle News) wrote on this very point that the Yamahas are much better on the brakes this year. We'll see...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit late to the party but my top 4 for the championship I think # 5 will be the "Open Bike" of either Stephen Bradl or Aleix Espargaro

1 Lorenzo

2 Marquez

3 Rossi

4 Pedrosa

Only just got to see the replay. Great race! I still like Magic Mark and I think you could throw a blanket over the rest. Very early days though.

Best regards

Surly

Pedanticly, they are Monster Energy Drink's girls, the sponsor of the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 MotoGP team.

However, they have been on the grid before race starts, so I'm good with that.

Anyone else notice how Marquez slows down for a turn, compared to Lorenzo? I noticed it last year, and all 3 races this year.

Great first few laps in the main event - then it turned into what is likely to be a familiar story this year. Honda finishes 1-2 in front of the factory Yamahas, with everyone else fighting for 5th or "Top Open Class finish". Does that sound better than "Top CRT finish"?

These are my personal favorites from Silverstone - do they seem a bit revealing or is it just wishful thinking???

paddock_girls_01_preview_big.jpg

grid-girls-motogp-silverstone-2013-09.jpg

Lorenzo resents Marquez?

Marc Marquez has conceded that Jorge Lorenzo may feel some resentment towards the reigning MotoGP World Champion, who leads the 2014 standings after winning last Sunday nights Qatar Grand Prix at Losail.

Whether Lorenzo is experiencing envy or resentment towards me about 2013, I dont know, Marquez tells Spains Mundo Deportivo at the Laureus Awards ceremony, which he enters as a favourite to win the World Breakthrough of the Year title. But imagining myself in his place, maybe he does feel some anger towards me.

(MotoGP.com)

The only person who can beat Marquez would be himself. Either by an accident due to loss of concentration or thinking he's all that. We Know he's all that! He doesn't really know it or act like it. He seems pretty grounded right now, and has Rossi on his side to help keep him focused. Lord knows Pedrosa wishes he would crash out sometime to give him a shot at a win. Running away with this series may cause some problems later. But right now no one can touch him from what I've seen.

Anyone else notice how Marquez slows down for a turn, compared to Lorenzo? I noticed it last year, and all 3 races this year.
Heck, just imagine how quick he could be if he kept the gas on.
He damn near is now! I notice, as Marqy slows down going into a turn, it appears he has a front brake/ downshift combination that causes his rear to swiggle out, which tells me he waiting to the last second to slow down ie..aggressive. Lorenzo on the other hand, just goes in smooth and easy. Stable, but doesn't appear to be as aggressive. I'm thinking this is where Marqy is making up such good time. If so, the more turns...the better his race will be.

During an interview at Austin, Marcus says he goes up onto the paint coming out of turns to help spin up the rear wheel faster. Damn! He's getting everything he can out of that bike! I want to hate him, but you just can't!
punk.gif

Agreed, the fact that he rides Honda, makes me not pull for him, but there's no doubt he's the best rider out there!

I wish Yamaha had the bike/rider that could compete with him, to make it more interesting though.

With his winning, brings increased pressure. Only time will tell how he handles it, but so far it's a non issue it would appear.

It's really fun watching this year. The kid is good. Vale still looks good, which makes the long-term potential of #93 pretty incredible.