2016 Moonshine Lunch Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I am only 90 miles away I plan on going unless I 70 has snowplows. Reading about Terry Hammond and the way this ride started, it seems like the thing to do. I'll raise my donation to help offset those who really want to go but simply can't.

Well after white out conditions in south western Pennsylvania this morning at 2:00 am, the saddle sore was nixed. After seeing how the forecast is shaping up, I think we are taking the scenic route home via Revzilla, and will try again next year.

IMG_0634.JPG

Well after white out conditions in south western Pennsylvania this morning at 2:00 am, the saddle sore was nixed. After seeing how the forecast is shaping up, I think we are taking the scenic route home via Revzilla, and will try again next year.

IMG_0634.JPG
Good call. A bit too late, but good call.

Was talking to a gentleman and his wife here this morning and they were #15 on the Lincoln Suites waiting list. They were surprised when they got a call for an opening but I did hear the desk turn down others who called looking.

Saturday looks cold but clear. Unfortunately with what western PA and WV is getting, us and a couple of other New England area riders we were chatting with will be heading out first thing for home, probably by way of Georgia or something.
sadsmiley.gif

Okay, a little local road intel. If you are coming from the north. Avoid Route 1 from Chrisman to Paris. That area is about 25 miles northeast from Casey. The road has recently been ground down and is awful.

My youngest boy just informed me he's running the hurdles in a state-wide meet on Saturday so I guess I'm out. I knew it was coming up but I guess I misunderstood the date. I'll be huddled in the stands trying not to freeze my ass on metal bleachers. Have fun and stay warm guys.

My youngest boy just informed me he's running the hurdles in a state-wide meet on Saturday so I guess I'm out. I knew it was coming up but I guess I misunderstood the date. I'll be huddled in the stands trying not to freeze my ass on metal bleachers. Have fun and stay warm guys.
Congrats to your boy. Is the meet in Peoria?

Went down a little later than most. Just buzzed by the store. Went to the park, but did not figure on many sitting around. In fact there was zero at the Park. Too cold and the town of Casy was deserted mostly except for people at the hotels.

Oh well, Gave me a chance to get out and test a different layering strategy on the clothes.

I got there around 10:30 am central. I was happy that I brought a thermos of hot coffee with me! Had a Moonburger and chips, rolled back into town and thawed out at the local McDonalds. Since I had cancelled my room waiting around until 2:30 was not going to work and there is little to do there once you take pictures of the giant wind chimes, rocking chair and pencil. So I headed home.

Well damn, I missed you there somehow. Saw a blue FJR parked in front of the store, did not find who it belonged to. Next time I went by, it was gone.Talked about the park in Casey with the one Forum member I did see for a bit. Mingled for a while and left. Sure wasn't many FJR's there. Park was deserted. I headed for home. I think it did hit 40* by the time I got back. 27 when I left here at 8:30.

I parked next to another 2013 with a oem topcase and whip antenna who was gone when I returned. I went by the Days Inn and didn't see anyone and the park was deserted. I wanted to get back before dark so I headed home.

Would have liked to have met you guys but we were on the road east by 8:00 Saturday morning. Glad we did too as we heard they had over a foot of snow along our original route home. As a consolation though we did ride down into Kentucky along Rt.15 (passing through the towns of Ned and Jeff and Hazard County
smile.png
) and saw some real beautiful country.

Major oversight on my part!
smile.png
There is a new bar almost ready to open. That might be a better rally point for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts