2016 Moonshine Lunch Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday at 11 Central Time. Meeting up at the Giant Wind Chime in town. Gonna have lunch, scout out a place for an informal group of FJRs to tell lies, and John and I are gonna do some ciphering of our plans in Arkansas on the 18th.
Come on over, you have my number too if you can't find the Wind Chimes.
109 E Main St, Casey, IL, correct? I'll text you Saturday to let you know if I will be there!

Sunday at 11 Central Time. Meeting up at the Giant Wind Chime in town. Gonna have lunch, scout out a place for an informal group of FJRs to tell lies, and John and I are gonna do some ciphering of our plans in Arkansas on the 18th.
109 E Main St, Casey, IL, correct? I'll text you Saturday to let you know if I will be there!
Not sure of the exact addy but I know it is downtown, so Main Street seems right.

Sounds good. Hope u make it. Drag over any of those Indiana boys if u want.

It's on Main St but don't know the number.

The "Giant Wind Chime" is clearly visible on Google Maps satellite view so it shouldn't be difficult to find.

Not sure of the exact addy but I know it is downtown, so Main Street seems right.

Sounds good. Hope u make it. Drag over any of those Indiana boys if u want.
Wish I could go this Sunday but will be on - call for the company this weekend.

Oilfield you bet. It to is worth the trip.
Tell me more about this place. Maybe that will be our lunch place.
Oilfield, IL, not much to tell.

Blink you missed kind of town. The diner is about the only thing there, family run, home made pies, pretty much every thing made from scratch.
It's called Oilfield because that's what it is an Oilfield. The building has a very vintage look to it, you will want to do photos of your bike there.

Sounds like we have at least 4 bikes showing up tomorrow. RJAMT, Allen, Blackandwhite, and I are meeting at the Giant Wind Chime at 11:00 am Central Time. Looking to get some grub, scout out a place to have an informal FJR meetup after Moonshine Run. RJAMT and I are then gonna do some planning for our Arkansas ride in a couple of weeks.

Looking at lower 60s and no rain percentage. Decent weather for this time of year. Looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
On topic, got a bead on a meeting place. Fairview Park has a ton of places to meet. At least 4 pavilions will plenty of places to park. Lots of picnic tables to take a load off.

Just need to figure out a time to meet up there after everyone has had their fill of Moonshine Burgers.

Directions to the park are easy. Head East on Monroe Street from IL 49. It's about 6 streets in from the South edge of town.

I will likely be there in between the Shine Run and the Fire Fighter Supper.

Off topic. I will put together a mini report with minimal pictures and no food pictures tomorrow. It was a "hit and run" kind of quick ride to meet and eat!! Good times and people for sure.

What did you guy's decide upon?
We tried the OilField but it was closed. Not sure how closed it was but definitely not open today.

Allen directed us to the Mexican place on the main drag. It was good food and Allen is still batting 1000 in picking good places to eat. At least 5 for 5.

I'll be pulling the Saddlesore from NH, with a bud (Bwoodsom), think we missed the boat on nailing down a place to stay right around Casey. If you here of some one cancelling a room , keep us in mind.

I'll be pulling the Saddlesore from NH, with a bud (Bwoodsom), think we missed the boat on nailing down a place to stay right around Casey. If you here of some one cancelling a room , keep us in mind.
Did you try the Lincoln suites in Marshall?

Flash9. might try the hotels again.

Just spoke to the manager of the Greenup Inn. He has some cancellations. probability because pirates don't ride if the temps are less than 75 and sunny.

I would expect this is the case for all the hotels in the area.

BTW, have BeemerDons Stanley riding with me, so hope every one will be at Fairview Park for the photo op.

Latest posts