2016 Moonshine Lunch Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't thought of a time yet. What do you all think would be right??

I plan on having a top case of ice water. Maybe a few soft drinks.

Good thing the meet wasn't this past weekend. Weather was awful! 50mph winds, cold, rain, snow, had all four seasons over the weekend. That means this weekend should be pretty decent if things go like they usually do here.

Give every one time to get to the Moonshine store, and get their burger (long lines).
2:30-3:00? Then fireman's chili supper?
Good thinking 'cause you might need a snack to get you through to supper too.
tonguesmiley.gif

If things work out we'll definitely try to swing by around then.

Speaking of meeting up, we'll probably have a free day on Thursday and have been thinking about riding down to Evansville to visit a WW II LST. Maybe leave around 9:00 or so and look to be back for dinner. We'll most likely make a decision that morning but if anyone else is interested and would like to come along please consider yourself invited.

Today was the cutoff for our "Go / No-Go" decision. Looks like I'm not going to Moonshine 2016.

As much as I was looking forward to going, the forecast is calling for either "Fozen Mix" or Snow heading out of Cleveland on Friday.

Our planned return also has Snow showers forecast for Northern Ohio. So instead of taking a chance and rolling the dice we cancelled our plans.

Hope to make Moonshine 2017...

Today was the cutoff for our "Go / No-Go" decision. Looks like I'm not going to Moonshine 2016.
As much as I was looking forward to going, the forecast is calling for either "Fozen Mix" or Snow heading out of Cleveland on Friday.

Our planned return also has Snow showers forecast for Northern Ohio. So instead of taking a chance and rolling the dice we cancelled our plans.

Hope to make Moonshine 2017...
Don't blame you. The forecast for the weekend seems to change and get worse each day. I was so hoping for a nice weekend. I think it was nicer weather in February!

I'm out too, stinky weather forecast just too much.

First miss since 2007, but 1600 mile on the chance the weather might clear is too much.

We are going to try and build a different route around some of the nastier weather in hopes that we can still make the run.

Glad I didn't sign up for the SS1K this year. I just might have to sneak over for a burger Saturday, probably be a short line.
thumbsup.gif
But then again a high temp Saturday of 38, low of 22 are predicted here. Rain/snow on Friday could leave some interesting road conditions Saturday morning.

The spousal unit is less than enthused about the forecast but I am still hoping to go. Our plan B is to take the 5 year old grandson to Supercross.

Overheard the owner of Lincoln Suites taking a couple of cancellations for this weekend in case anyone is looking. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
With the latest forecast, Maybe I should be in the truck with hot chocolate for the brave FJR riders???!!!! I am lucky, it is only 45 min from here.

High of 44 on Saturday and Low of 31.

I will continue to hold out hope and will provide forecasts as we get closer. Anyone who needs anything, let me know. Even if it is a place to warm up.

T-minus 8 hours, departing from NH. Depending on how crappy the road conditions become will dictate whether this stays a saddle sore or not.

Latest posts