2016 NFL Playoffs & Superbowl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As my two teams, Redskins and Vikings saw fit to bow out I'm now reduced to rooting for the Bronco's and hoping the can put away Raplessburger and Pretty Boy Brady the following week.

Colt fan here and we sucked it up big time this year. I really hope Peyton Manning has 3 more games in him and can go out on top. GO BRONCO's!

I would rather watch something exciting like curling than watch a bunch of "college grads" stand around for close to 3 hours and then maybe to something for the other 10 minutes. No wonder all the fans are drunk in Buffalo, there is nothing happening on the field so you might as well drink to keep yourself occupied.

^^^^ and where is the humor in that??
finger.gif

It's tough to be a Vikings fan sometimes.
What's sad, is had they advanced, they would have had the opportunity to extend their record of Superbowl losses.

:)

Some of our family friends were Jim Brown and Lew "The Toe" Groza (Cleveland Browns). During his last year with the Browns (1965) I was loaned an entire Jim Brown Cleveland Browns uniform, helmet to shoes which I kept in a shrine my closet for the whole season. How do you say A-W-E-S-O-M-E for a football fan teenager? I would haul 'Jim' out and bring him to our neighborhood pick-up football games. No part of the uniform came close to fitting a skinny, scrawny teen but that didn't matter. Lew was at first a business contact my father used in marketing but later became a regular family friend that was often over at our house. Some of the coldest football games I ever attended were to watch the Browns. The Cleveland Municipal Stadium was right on the lake and wicked cold winds would blow out of Canada, across the lake then swoop down one side of the stadium, across the field and up the other side flash freezing everyone along the way. In those days Cleveland was a contendah and everyone wanted to sit in the Dawg Pound and bark at the other team
laugh.png

I expect I'll watch the local football team next weekend and see if the last men standing can win anything with the only 8 healthy players left on the entire team. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's harder to win in the NFL when most of the top offense and defense players are out for the year and most of the rest haven't had time to heal from their injuries. Other teams have injuries, but nothing comes close to what the local boys have battled through this year. I don't think The Hoodie can coach the last few players much farther in the playoffs and short of land mines and trap holes in the field I don't think any other plans will work.
That's pretty amazing to me. I grew up in Berea, and my dad was the pediatrician for Jeff, Jill, John and Jill. Lew was regularly at the house, or we were at their place. He had the first color TV in Berea, and I remember watching Batman. Lew enjoyed tossing the football in the backyard with the kids. He used to take me with my dad to Hiram where they ran their camps. I met Blanton Collier, Jim Brown, and even Vince Lombardi. Pro football players were a different breed then and really involved in the community.

So this is how we arrive at a common FJR heritage?

Titans are #1 (Draft pick)
punk.gif

The Chiefs started their season 1-5 and now have won 11 in a row.
I'm predicting they end their season on a 1 game losing streak next weekend. You can usually count on Alex Smith clutching up when it matters most - and conversely that a**hole Brady keeps finding a way to win.

I'm pulling for the Buccaneers.
Gary, do they even have a head coach? Keep pulling. :) I have a co-worker, who's been a Bengal fan his whole life (late 30's). 2 years ago he announced he had given up on them, and got rid of all of his Bengal paraphernalia. Last week, I asked him about the Bengals being in the playoffs, and he reminded me about their playoff record of late. I said " Yeah, but maybe this year will be different.". His response was " Nope, just watch the game.".

Right now, they have to be the hardest team to be a fan of. Like Gary, being a Bucs fan, I can understand their frustration and discontent, though I'm still a fan, and have hope for our near future. Snake bit doesn't begin to describe this team!
Tell your friend to hang in there as things can/do evevtually turn around. Look at where the Cardinals are now compared to how they we're performing in the 90's. Miracles do happen!

From Seahawk player Nate Burleson:

To @blairwalsh_3 (@blairwalsh3 twitter) I know today seems like a dark day in your athletic career but you will bounce back better & stronger from this brotha. You have kicked game winners before and will make game winners in the future. And not to mention you were a huge part of why the Vikes were in the game with 3 field goals so hold your head high. ●Now to all the so called fans who have taking to social media to put him down, curse out and threaten him & his family please take a long look in the mirror. If ya'll had your mistakes on grand display for the world to see, would you want thousands of people tearing you down with harsh words & threats. No! We have to be a little bit more sensitive to one another in the moments in which we fail. If we can't lean eachother to encourage us through the dark times than we are lost as a society. Trust me there is nobody that feels worst than Blair Walsh right now so let's try to build instead of destroy. ~Nate Burleson

I would say that's a little bit of class right there. GO Hawks!

From Seahawk player Nate Burleson:To @blairwalsh_3 (@blairwalsh3 twitter) I know today seems like a dark day in your athletic career but you will bounce back better & stronger from this brotha. You have kicked game winners before and will make game winners in the future. And not to mention you were a huge part of why the Vikes were in the game with 3 field goals so hold your head high. ●Now to all the so called fans who have taking to social media to put him down, curse out and threaten him & his family please take a long look in the mirror. If ya'll had your mistakes on grand display for the world to see, would you want thousands of people tearing you down with harsh words & threats. No! We have to be a little bit more sensitive to one another in the moments in which we fail. If we can't lean eachother to encourage us through the dark times than we are lost as a society. Trust me there is nobody that feels worst than Blair Walsh right now so let's try to build instead of destroy. ~Nate Burleson

I would say that's a little bit of class right there. GO Hawks!
Of course, Nate was a Viking first, but I still like what he said.

I loved the picture of the players knelt in prayer after the game. Negative temps, but still out there.

I think that it's a shame that Bud Grant never won a championship. Loved the Vikings in those days, with the Purple People Eaters and Fran Tarkenton. Still glad that the Seahawks squeaked one out.
Back when I was in 4th Grade, I went with my mom to a department store and saw REAL football helmets...with padding and everthin!...well, I begged and pleaded and my mom spent some of her non-existent hard-earned money on a football helmet for me. I joined my older brothers and the neighbor boys in their football games...my brother in his Detroit Lions helmet, my other brother in his Dallas Cowboys helmet...and me in this purple helmet that had Viking horns on it. We had a ton of fun playing our games, and I started following the team I had a helmet with. Knew nothing about them...then learned about quarterback Joe Kapp, Carl Eller, Alan Page, and the rest of the purple people eaters, Bill Brown, Gene Washington...

I loved how tough Bud Grant was...I guess all the coaches in those days were tough sunzabitches. I loved that he didn't let them use heaters on the sidelines.
I worked with former coach Jerry Burn's son Mike on Guam island back in 1978. He had some interesting stories about the old Vikings.

To all New England fans throughout the world: Mostly I whine and grumble and moan and complain about cheating ... because y'all win all the damn time.

Knock it off already, and let somebody else win a couple. SHARE. Didn't your mothers teach you that?

(PS: Get your big-boy pants on Mr. Cam Newton. They's gunning for you, man.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my Pack actually gave a decent accounting of themselves and weren't shredded as some predicted.