2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At TechDayXII I got a little flack for being from OH and not being on board for the SEOR.
I'm in now.

Who still is looking for a roomie? (PM me please)

I plan on heading down Friday morning and staying until Sunday morning. When will the first round of runs foe the hills begin Friday? This is what will determine my shipout time from Columbus.
Tommy,

Friday is a travel day for most of the folks, although there will be a few people arriving on Thursday. Pick up some good beer on the way to the hotel, sit back and wait for the party to start. I'll most likely be down there sometime in the later afternoon...after taking the longer, funner way down.

Data,

Just a small suggestion. When you are heading East on 550,in Ohio, you will come to the small town of Bartlett. Turn left, on Ohio Rt. 555 (affectionately known as "The Triple Nickel) and go North about 2 miles, to Ohio Rt. 676, turn right

and take 676 into Marietta. 676 runs parallel to 550 about 2 miles North and will take you straight into Marietta.

676 is newly paved and has some of the best turns, hills, and scenery that you will see all weekend.

Good Luck, and ride safe.

What are the chances that, a poor, lonely, frail, kind hearted, old man, might find a kind, knowledgeable person to assist in replacing a left headlight ?

Data,
Just a small suggestion. When you are heading East on 550,in Ohio, you will come to the small town of Bartlett. Turn left, on Ohio Rt. 555 (affectionately known as "The Triple Nickel) and go North about 2 miles, to Ohio Rt. 676, turn right

and take 676 into Marietta. 676 runs parallel to 550 about 2 miles North and will take you straight into Marietta.

676 is newly paved and has some of the best turns, hills, and scenery that you will see all weekend.

Good Luck, and ride safe.
I really appreciate this tip- and I will use it. Thanks !

What are the chances that, a poor, lonely, frail, kind hearted, old man, might find a kind, knowledgeable person to assist in replacing a left headlight ?
Wheaton knows all about changing Gen I Headlight Bulbs... He'd be more than happy to help.

You might as well bring two bulbs with ya Ray, the other is sure to go....I'm sure a few of us have swapped them out before, and would be willing to supervise you on the correct procedure. And it might even be quite entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully you just mean the bulb. Easy. I have pictures of when we changed one on Wheatie's bike. Thing is, the bike went tits up the next day. JS

Hopefully you just mean the bulb. Easy. I have pictures of when we changed one on Wheatie's bike. Thing is, the bike went tits up the next day. JS
Bob's yer man.

I don't think he teched the stator on the bike...not that it would have mattered...it was an aftermarket electroshit and deserved to die.

Bob's good at shinying up yer windshield as well...if you give him a quarter. Heck, I don't think I even gave him that.

Best beer in the area hands down is the Marietta Brewing Co. All local brewed. If finding some great beer is your game, hit the House of Wines.

Run them through TYRE, it will convert them to TomTom...

Well I can't download the routes into my Tom Tom GPS, and (thank GOD) I don't have any grandchildren yet.

But I'm not resolved to sucking my thumb just yet. No sir-re Bob (or FYB as the case may be).

I'm going to go with Plan Charlie. Surround myself with good people and get the hell out of their way!!! I'll just follow (if I can keep up) somebody else. One less distraction for Pants to worry about. Good heavens, that can't be a bad thing. We all know what happened in Colorado the last time Pants got distracted.

But I've looked at the JPEGS and them thar straight, flat, and boring roads look mighty tasty!!!!

I'm not able to leave until noon on Thursday now. Be in late Friday night because I'm going run a few favorite roads in N. Georgia on the way in..

Yes please - I need one that will ensure that my tires have just enough tread left to make it to Columbus Sunday morning for a new set...

Will you also set fuel stops every 180 miles.

I'll just stop there...smh...

I'm not able to leave until noon on Thursday now. Be in late Friday night because I'm going run a few favorite roads in N. Georgia on the way in..
Do you need us to analyze yer route?

I'm planning a Thursday afternoon arrival.......... er.... could use a hand to unload the bike.
Ray, there is a Yamaha dealer on Rt. 7, just east of 77. They might Ave a dock. See link...

https://m.big4bikes.com

Big 4 does have a dock and I would bet they would be glad to help. Another option would be to give me a call and I can bring my ramps over and help. Just let me know what you need.

I should be free Thursday night to help unload if needed. I'll be off work around 430 so if you arrive anytime after that I can be available.

Data,

As you're traveling east on 550, you'll come thru a little town called Sharpsburg. There's a BP station on the right as 550 goes right up the hill and 377 will go off to your left. If you've the time, take a peek inside. One of the more quirky shops you'll ever see on the inside.....

Data,
As you're traveling east on 550, you'll come thru a little town called Sharpsburg. There's a BP station on the right as 550 goes right up the hill and 377 will go off to your left. If you've the time, take a peek inside. One of the more quirky shops you'll ever see on the inside.....
Sounds like a good place to get some fuel . . .

Thanks !

Latest posts