2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, gotta say it again "Petey is my hero" You frickin animal.
punk.gif
Yup.
+1

Arrived home safely, after about 7.5 hours to travel what would normally be 5.5 hours...due to an awesome detour the wrong direction on Hwy 26, 260 and 78, per Weatie's great recommendation!
You guys are crazy. I don't know how you northerners ride in the snow.

biggrin.png
Ya way too hot where you are, and you know nothing about snow, EH.
nhl.gif
nhl2.gif
Too hot for me to come down to your tech day, but you banned us northerners anyway.........
tomato2.gif

Man I can't believe I missed this weekend of hotel sitting. I'm so pissed I might have to ride back down ther tomorrow just because I can.Weather is supposed to be spectacular, I am glad that everybody made it home in 1piece though.

Dastardly Dave
Someone told me DD wimped out because of some stupid forecast. Maybe it was Ray, mebbe it wasn't. I couldn't believe it. Very sad Dave. ;)
We had fun without you...as much fun as is possible on 2 laners in SE Ohio, flat, straight and boring as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I made it home by 5:30 in states of mild hypothermia. On the plus side- there were no bugs to clean off the bike. I usually like the weather somewhere between snow season andbug season- but today the wind was strong and absolutely relentless; it still beat hell out of riding a desk- but it could have been just a little nicer . . . .

Anyway, it was a great weekend and nice to put some faces to names, and nice to see so many FJRs (because there's sure none around where I live) - and the roads were pretty good, and the Marietta Brewing Company is a nice little place, yada yada yada.

And a biiiiiig thanks to Allen for putting it all together !

A few true stories from SEO...
Running down 16 in WV last year, I see a woman in a sun dress walking her dog down the road. I think, damn thats a fat dog. Then I realize, it's not a dog. It's a pig. Only in WV.

I just checked Bungie's SPOTwalla page.
He's in Erie.

At Tim Horton's.

There is a reason why stereotypes exist.
Ya, you know that feeling when it feels like somebody is watching you. Turns out, it was Andy all along

Hey, theirs a reason Cdns stop at Tims when we can. Fast food, clean washrooms and they know what a double double is.

Yup, gonna pack up the hotel room and hit the sack for an early launch. Betcha the heated liner gets plugged in tomorrow morning.

Great ride today running south into WV with John and Brian. Both of whom ride a terrific pace. Apparently, no ride is complete for either of these two unless you pass a backwoods sawmill, at least once.

It was nice to see so many fricken awesome 13s in one spot...Actually having 40 bikes at the Ramble...most of them FJRs, was pretty cool to see lined up out front.

The best part though, was seeing your FJR friends after (what can be) a long cold winter...and giving the hearty handshake...riding twisty roads all day and having a cold one.

Taint nuttin better.

It was nice to see so many fricken awesome 13s in one spot...Actually having 40 bikes at the Ramble...most of them FJRs, was pretty cool to see lined up out front.The best part though, was seeing your FJR friends after (what can be) a long cold winter...and giving the hearty handshake...riding twisty roads all day and having a cold one.

Taint nuttin better.
Out of "likes", so I'll +1 instead.

It was great to meet a ton of new people and see several familiar faces!

I decided not to go home and opted to head down to Knoxville area for a couple days. My wife is fairly understanding but I know enough to stop for flowers on the way home.

Apparently Thursday is our anniversary.

Had a good time, met a lot of great people.

Friday weather was perfect. Special thanks to Prestone for being my eyes and ears back in the pack via intercom. We had a large group of 8 riders on our ride Friday, only two were people I'd ridden with before. No slow riders, and the only hot dogs were the edible ones at Hillbilly Hotdogs. Here's a big Tip of the Helmet to all who participated!

TominPA and I didn't start until noon on Saturday. By then the rain stopped and roads were fairly dry. Tom led on his own route. Got to ride some roads that were new to me. This is the first ride in over a year that I didn't have to lead, so got to relax. On the way back to the hotel, Tom found a local BBQ place along the Ohio river on the west side of Marrietta. Great late lunch!

Sat nite was social night. Lots of beer & pizza in the lobby. Probably drove the staff and other guests crazy but it was too cold, windy and wet outside.

Ride home to Dayton Sunday was cloudy, windy & cold, with occasional sprinkles and a couple of quick showers. Finally got out from under the clouds for good west of McArthur on RT50. From there it was sunny, windy and about 51deg.

Weather Weenies who stayed home missed a great time, and those who made it a 4 day weekend really got their money's worth.

Thanks to Allen_C for putting SEOR together.

Norm

Got home safe after riding home with Wheatie. Nice to see old and new faces. Glad to leave that 42 degree and ice pellet BS this morning and git back to southern warmth
punk.gif
Wish I had followed you, We were in and out of sleet and snow starting around noon and got home @ 6. Our group all made it safe and sound.

Great weekend and seeing all the brave souls who made it out. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks Allen for putting this all together and giving me something to look forward to all winter long, Thanks for the photos Tom.

The season is officially open and I hope to see some of you again before EOM.

Pants sorry you could not make it you missed a great gathering, hope to meet up with you some time down the road.

https://s1362.photobucket.com/user/madmudderr/slideshow/SEOR%202016

Anybody check the weather foe today? Bungie, Brian, and John D., left this morning.

Looks like they picked the right day to ride.

Where was this weather on Sat. and Sun.?

A few true stories from SEO...
Running down 16 in WV last year, I see a woman in a sun dress walking her dog down the road. I think, damn thats a fat dog. Then I realize, it's not a dog. It's a pig. Only in WV.
That way she doesn't have to squeal like a pig. She let's the pig do it.

It's called safe sex.

I hate that I missed this ride, but I'm proud that I had a one time event to attend.

I thought about bragging in a new thread, but decided to keep it low key in a more personal thread, and I picked this one..
smile.png

There's a doctor in the house...

My excused absence slip I hope...

13178979_10206565663601407_8855423232355981734_n_zpsgoufnbra.jpg