2016 Tour of Honor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a FYI,

Chris Comly is out on a 14 day trip on his HD Sportster picking up memorials along the way. Bike turned over 190k miles on his second day on the road. I think he wants a lower flag number for next year....

Keep up the safe rides to everyone out on the Tour!

Congrats, griff! Number 5 on the list of 502 riders! 101 sites, 6 completed states, and 2 trophies (the max trophies a rider can earn).

That's a lot of miles and a lot of planning, my friend. (Since you're in the top 5, does that make you a 1%er?)

Congrats, griff! Number 5 on the list of 502 riders! 101 sites, 6 completed states, and 2 trophies (the max trophies a rider can earn).
That's a lot of miles and a lot of planning, my friend. (Since you're in the top 5, does that make you a 1%er?)
Yeah, but Griff cheats, he is retired and gets to do this shit all day every day. Makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm just jealous as hell really.

Congrats Griff... #5
ohno-smiley02.gif
...you're one of the BIG dogs now.
clapping.gif

My last visit of the day was to a Boy Scout camp near Rome, GA for a Statue of Liberty. The statue is in the camp, which is locked up and I have to make an appointment during the week to see it.
pinch.gif
Good thing I didn't go too far out of my way, like an hour, or get caught in the rain, which I did. All in all it was a good two weeks.
punk.gif

I know you can use something temporarily, but TOH can send you another flag.

I know you can use something temporarily, but TOH can send you another flag.
Thanks Griff. I was able to find the blurb on the website. My schedule is pretty packed between now and the end of October so I probably won't bother requesting a duplicate.

Impressive totals for you this year
bike.gif

(for those who don't know, griff is #7 nationally, with 7 states completed and 114 sites visited ... so far. That's some badass riding.)

Go Griff! My all day Georgia run was one of the most fun (and tiring) things I've done this year. My schedule has been crazy, and my bike has been down, so I didn't snag any sites after 1 April. But I hope to hit it hard next year.

Wow these guys are not letting up with only a couple of weeks to go! Griff is hanging in there, hoping for a top 10 finish, but like I told him the competition is relentless! I'm still thinking about making another pass to pick up a few more sites, but I don't hold a candle to Griff's accomplishments. This thing is addictive and a lot of fun. Best of luck Griff, go get 'em.

Rich

https://www.tourofhonor.com/pages/riderlist2016.php

Going up to Philly next week to visit my daughter. Might vacuum up some sites in DC, DE, MD, NJ, VA, PA, MA, WV, NC, CT, RI and NY
whistle.gif

Latest posts