2016ES - Paint Protection Films

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I need a couple pieces of paint protection. ... And after many searches, I can't find (both of) these pieces. .. Does anyone know where I can get 3M (or other) paint protection films for just these two locations? (I saw lots of "full kits" which may contain the area below the tank, but not the side panels. ... See attached pictures. ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to go to Kansas City to teach some new installers Paint Protection Film install training at a BMW dealership this week. When I get back, I can custom design you some Pieces for those areas. PM me your information.

Like wise as on my 15 the left hand side has been scuffed up by my pant/boot and the right side faring as my knee rubs it.

i have tons of the latest 3m self healing on my bike, professional install from a local high end installer, nose, mirrors, headlight, paint on windshield, triangle, leading edge around it, cases top and leading edge, tank, trim around tank, side pieces, front fender, and a few more places. lol

From "creg-ny'baa" ..... Subscribing.
Where'd you get your name from ?

20130607_105319.jpg

I need a couple pieces of paint protection. ... And after many searches, I can't find (both of) these pieces. .. Does anyone know where I can get 3M (or other) paint protection films for just these two locations? (I saw lots of "full kits" which may contain the area below the tank, but not the side panels. ... See attached pictures. ....

You can buy 3M film on line in various widths and lengths. I've purchased both clear and carbon fibre type film.

3m is a brand. Just like Nissan, Ford, and Dodge. There are several brands of paint protection film that are better than 3m (my opinion, I have installed most all brands) . 3m simply has brand recognition. They did invent PPF but that doesn't mean that it's the best. Just throwing out my opinion. Its kinda like, "What is the best tire to install on a FJR?"

You are going to get a lot of opinions.

3m is a brand. Just like Nissan, Ford, and Dodge. There are several brands of paint protection film that are better than 3m (my opinion, I have installed most all brands) . 3m simply has brand recognition. They did invent PPF but that doesn't mean that it's the best. Just throwing out my opinion. Its kinda like, "What is the best tire to install on a FJR?"You are going to get a lot of opinions.
Do you have a suggestion other than 3M. Curious minds would like to know.

Thanks, Dave

I just ordered 3 different types of vinyl protection film from M2 racing. It was cheap so I said what the hell, why not. Should be arriving in a couple of weeks.

Dave

3m is a brand. Just like Nissan, Ford, and Dodge. There are several brands of paint protection film that are better than 3m (my opinion, I have installed most all brands) . 3m simply has brand recognition. They did invent PPF but that doesn't mean that it's the best. Just throwing out my opinion. Its kinda like, "What is the best tire to install on a FJR?"You are going to get a lot of opinions.
Do you have a suggestion other than 3M. Curious minds would like to know.

Thanks, Dave
Hexis BodyFence, LLumar, Suntek,Xpel. The newest Premium Shield looks very good but I have not tried it yet.

Thank you Ross! After I retire, I think I need to ride out and visit you someday. ... Never ridden in your area, but I've driven thru (several times) when driving from New Hampshire to compete in the Baie des Chaleurs Rally.... NB and Quebec are beautiful, wild places. ... Do you see Moose in your area?

Tankslapper.biz - they provide a couple of different types of protection custom cut to your bike. They will sell individual pieces or full kits.

You definitely need to do some more riding in the eastern part of the continent! There are some moose in New Brunswick. Probably more in Maine and New Hampshire. Even more if you ever make it to Newfoundland (which I would recommend)! You mentioned Baie des Chaleurs Rally - did you ride around the Gaspe Peninsula?