2018 Yamaha FJR police version

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine is an SC State Trooper. They went from BMWs to ST1300s a few years back and everyone hated those bikes. They're using the BMWs again now. My friend said that the ST1300 didn't handle or ride nearly as well as the BMW. He absolutely hated the ST1300.

Joey.

A friend of mine is an SC State Trooper. They went from BMWs to ST1300s a few years back and everyone hated those bikes. They're using the BMWs again now. My friend said that the ST1300 didn't handle or ride nearly as well as the BMW. He absolutely hated the ST1300.
Joey.
I have rode both and thought the ST was OK, under powered and heavy but not a bad riding machine.

I have 105,000 on the FJR and think it's the best Sport touring rig out there. My thought is neither is the best slow maneuvering machine. That's why I suggest the S-10. I Have never rode a Boxer but can see the advantages of why they would like it. But they want to Bring My Wallet to maintain them, that I don't like!

WSP has about 12 2017 BMW's sitting in their motor pool waiting to get outfitted with lights, radios ect. I talked to the NW Yamaha rep about 2 years ago to see if he knew if or when Yamaha was going to produce a police FJR. He said as far as he knew they had no plans on it. WSP was looking at Harley's and BMW's. They opted for BMW.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bikenagain" data-cid="1393132" data-time="1522487606"><p>

Police in Australia have been using fjr 1300's since at least 2008</p></blockquote> Indeed they have. The have a lot of awesome bikes there we can't get here. Factory street legal wr450 😀😀

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="redneckj" data-cid="1393162" data-time="1522524861"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bikenagain" data-cid="1393132" data-time="1522487606"><p><br />

Police in Australia have been using fjr 1300's since at least 2008</p></blockquote> Indeed they have. The have a lot of awesome bikes there we can't get here. Factory street legal wr450 😀😀</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="redneckj" data-cid="1393162" data-time="1522524861"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bikenagain" data-cid="1393132" data-time="1522487606"><p><br />

Police in Australia have been using fjr 1300's since at least 2008</p></blockquote> Indeed they have. The have a lot of awesome bikes there we can't get here. Factory street legal wr450 😀😀</p></blockquote>

Admin, what did I say that I can't say on your forum?

I might have had something to do with the Butte police getting their fjrs
rolleyes.gif
. I had my 2011 at the time and let one of their officers try it out. Then I told them about how in Idaho they could be set up for police bikes. I heard the local Harley shop was charging too much for tires and maintenance. They have had them now for around 5 years. Would like to know how they are getting along with them, I moved not long after they got them.

rolleyes.gif
. I had my 2011 at the time and let one of their officers try it out. Then I told them about how in Idaho they could be set up for police bikes. I heard the local Harley shop was charging too much for tires and maintenance. They have had them now for around 5 years. Would like to know how they are getting along with them, I moved not long after they got them.
I was up working at the county jail a couple of years back and talked to the Patrol man that was ridding it said he loved it.

rolleyes.gif
I was up working at the county jail a couple of years back and talked to the Patrol man that was ridding it said he loved it.
If he liked it why was he ridding himself of it
smile.png

rolleyes.gif
If he liked it why was he ridding himself of it
smile.png
post before spell check smart ass