2200 LED Driving Light Experiement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txvoyager

Reaction score
I have been using two pairs of ADVMonster driving lights on my FJR for some time now, maybe 30-35000 miles or so over the past year -- pair of 1500 lumen (3 LED) lamps on the forks and 1800 lumen (4 LED) lamps mounted below the mirrors. They have worked great, even with the addition of Baker Air Wings on the mirror mounts (see pics at https://kevinsawatsky.com/FJR.html). My only issue has been having two lamps in one of the top lights stop working, something that was graciously repaired under warranty by ADVMonster.

I have been looking for just a bit more light, however, and a wider beam. My current experiment is with a pair of lights purchased through Amazon (like these) for a total of $56 shipped. When they arrived, I found them to feel surprisingly well-made, perhaps a bit heavier than I'd ideally like. They do exactly what I had hoped, however, and create daylight around the bike.

Driving+Lights+1.jpg

They are currently controlled by an ADVMonster dimmer, giving me the ability to adjust the brightnes via a key fob, but going to full bright when high beam is switched on.

Driving+Lights+2.jpg

So far, over about 3000 miles, including about 1200 or so in the rain, they are working amazingly well... That said, I'll update after they get a few more hours -- and bugs -- on them.