90 degree valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshski

Reaction score
looking at putting some on. what size stem fits the hole. 10mm or 11.3mm. I've seem both sizes advertized. Thanks.

Dude, you just asked this same question and your thread wound up in NEPRT.

To answer your immediate question, 11.3 mm.

The Kurveygirl website has a size listing for just about every bike imaginable, including the FJR.

was looking to put 90 degree valve stems on my 2014 wheels. what size hole opening is it? I've seen 10mm and 11.3mm valve stems. Thanks.

Wow. This is the 3rd time you have started a new thread asking this same question. Your first one got moved to NEPRT. Your second one got deleted.

11.3 mm. The websites I have ordered these from always have a fitment guide telling you what size you need.

Wow. This is the 3rd time you have started a new thread asking this same question. Your first one got moved to NEPRT. Your second one got deleted.
11.3 mm. The websites I have ordered these from always have a fitment guide telling you what size you need.
I just put 10mm on my 2016. Friday night. No way anything larger in diameter would fit. Ordered this: https://www.nomartirechanger.com/90_Degree_Low_Profile_Valve_Stem_Black_p/ac-valve-90-degree-10mm-blac.htm

Appears Dennis Kirk has it for a bit less: https://www.denniskirk.com/k-and-l/black-10mm-90-degree-angle-valve-stem-32-3034.p535482.prd/535482.sku

Oriented straight out the left side and affixed a Garmin TPMS. Then noticed it was no longer pointing straight out. And something was clicking at low speeds with brakes applied. Found the TPMS was hitting a caliper.

Have since twisted the stem to just off center. Not sure if its aligned with wheel center whether the TPMS will still clear with rim but does clear the caliper now.

I think it depends on the vendor you use as to where/how they are measured. The Kurveygirl website lists the 11.3 mm as the correct stem for the FJR. I have them in both FJRs.

I did not put a set of dial calipers on them to measure but I can assure you they fit.

FWIW, the part that Yamaha specifies, TAIHEIYO TR412, is 11.5mm to be used in a hole which is .453" (which also turns out to be 11.5mm).