a good use for your 1/2 pint(200 ml) bottles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiummadman

Reaction score
Most 1/2 pts are really 200 ml & most can be had in super duty hard plastic.

recycle appears to be the "hot" word these days. Here is a few suggestions why drinking is good for you and

your motorcycle. 200 ml = the amount you need to put in your rear drive shaft, so screw the other methods,

just fill the bottle up and dump into the rear drive shaft, no need to measure or look for how much you have

put in(NOT to be confused with Putin in Russia). Also comes in handy when you want to add Seafoam or other

stuff to gas. Seafoam says to put in 1 oz. per gal, 200 ml = 6.76 oz. so you are perfect with a full 200 ml into

a full tank. I will carry a 200 ml bottle of Seafoam & add it at a fillup when I know I will run the tank past 200 miles to

the full benefit of the magic juice. If you use Marvel Mystery oil just measure 3 oz., pour in & make a mark on the

bottle & repeat. Can do two tank fulls easy. What I like a about the hard plastic bottles is the chemicals in

whatever you are using do not cause problems with the plastic. I also had to replace the fork oil in my

DL1000 V-Strom, called for 500 ml per leg, well low and behold I was drinking some Lipton diet tea in a

500 ml bottle when I saw this, so when I got new springs, seals, etc. etc. in my V-Strom I gave my mechanic

two full bottles of diet tea with the fork oil I wanted & told him to put the full amount in both legs. Of course he thought

I was full of shit(which I am) but did it & it came out perfect. So drink more & stress less.