Added sportbike to the stable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMGM

FJRMGM
Reaction score
2002 Honda CBR 954RR with 10k miles, smoked windscreen, Hindlle exhaust can and new Michelin Pilot Powers on it delivered Monday evening and now in my garage.

Thanks for all the comments - purchased it from a fellow mature owner who had bought it new and then never put many miles on it.

I will go over it this weekend to lube up all the points and and change the fluids. Other than that - ready to ride.

That Hindle exhaust can sure sounds sweet..

I can't wait to go for a good ride on it. Bigsmile

CBR954RRpic2.jpg

CBR954RRpic1.jpg

Oooooh! Used to have one just like it. Put a ton of $$$ in it to upgrade suspension, power commander, and a steering damper to cure the 'wiggles'. It was flighty as hell in stock form. I had a full Hindle pipe on mine and it sure did sound nice. It was a blast at the track too...wish I still had it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the comments.

Only ridden it about 15 miles so far and really, really like it. For me the ergonomics are good and comfortable and I love the feel of that motor.

Texas does have twisties and some of them are not far from where I live on the south side of Houston. There are also some great roads North and Northwest of Houston that are easy to get to. Can't wait to try them out on the new bike.

That Hindle exhaust can sounds sooooooo sweet.

Glad you like it. I was skunk pokin' on the twisty stuff but we have to have something good out here to put up with all the other looney crap in CA.

have now ridden the CBR a little over 300 miles and all I can say is WHAT A MACHINE!!

So glad I bought it, superb handling, monster brakes, a motor that BEGS to run and hell, it even fits me to a "T".

Life is good...

I want one!! tried to buy "ehaffydr"'s bike an 06 CBR1000rr but now he's keeping it :angry: if you know of any out there like yours let me know i'm itching for one. Nice bike I am extremely jealous...

Did I mention lately that I am having one helluva a good time riding the CBR these days?

Man, what a machine.

One problem thought, when I get off it and back on the FJR the FJR seems like such a porker, so wide and heavy.. :)

Now, just be careful you don't poke your eye out with that thing.
JB, you and madmike beat me to it -- exactly what I was thinking. Have an eye poker myself, and have run some twisties with a very good rider on exactly that machine. Nothing slow about that 954 -- a real performance award producing machine.

Once upon a time 4.5 years ago, that 954 was leading over 299 heading east toward Redding, maybe an hour after my speedo healer registered 173 mph on my XX, when it was pulled over and cited for leading a few of us hooligans too briskly. Good thing the LEO hadn't seen what that 954 had been doing a few miles west of where he ticketed it. :rolleyes: :lol:

Latest posts