Adjustable Airvent on Cee Bailey Windscreen--Great

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leebunyard

Reaction score
This is a followup to some discussion I initiated several months ago on the subject of installing an adjustable airvent in the windscreen of my '04 FJR, which is an aftermarket Cee Bailey +4/+4 windscreen.

I finally got around yesterday to installing the GL1500 adjustable airvent (clear plastic model) that I ordered sometime ago. Used the template provided to center and draw the cutout on the windscreen while the windscreen was on the bike, then removed the windscreen from the bike and did the cutout using a Dremel tool and orbital cutting bit. Worked great, had to do additional minor cutting adjustments but airvent fits and works great. I was concerned about how it would look but it looks super good IMO. I took it out for a quick 20 mile ride yesterday after installation and got up to 70 mph. With the airvent adjusted to direct airflow towards the head and upper body, there is a NOTICEABLE decrease in noise and buffeting at higher speeds. I like it.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California

Did you consider installing it upside down so the louvers could direct more air thru the engine compartment to help disperse some of the heat, esp on the left side?

>Did you consider installing it upside down so the louvers could direct more air thru the engine compartment to >help disperse some of the heat, esp on the left side?

LOL. I've never been concerned with the heat on my '04 FJR. Has never been a problem for me so never felt a need to do anything about it.

>+1 on the pics.

>Also where did you get the vent?

>Cost? Part number?

When I get a new battery for my digital camera, I'll try to take some photos to post. In the meantime, I have an Adobe photo display emailed to me by another rider who installed the same adjustable vent. I can email it to you upon request. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send the photos to you.

The link below contains the price, part number and other info on the vent. I paid $49.95 for it plus tax and shipping. Total came to around $61. I took a 200 mile high Sierra ride Monday on the FJR and now I REALLY like the vent. Noticeable reduction in noise and wind buffeting. A buddy of mine who rides an ST1300 has just ordered one for his bike.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California

https://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/191...00&type=des

Picture this but on the FJR:

SWingVented-MikeB.jpg

motorcycle_windshields_85a6d8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: