ADOT Ford Escapes with Cameras

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep your eyes peeled for a vehicle parked alongside the highway. Although I can't swear to it, it appears they cannot get traffic coming from the opposite direction because of how the cameras aim. To be valid, they have to get your face in the picture. Unless your name is SkooterG, because his picture had a strong resemblance to George Armstrong Custer!
They get you front and back? Motorcyclist with full face helmets will be hard to photo. Yes?

00-04-06-09-0012.jpg
Ya gotta love the locked up brake marks! That's safe driving conditions for sure.

Will they give a bike a ticket?

Alberta vehicles do not have front plates and the photo radar tickets go to the registard owner not the drive - no points for these tickets

Insurance companies are now not so worried about the points on your licence but how many tickets you have

Big trouble when they find out you have 3 or more

later

Most of the time they don't mail them to out of state plates, however I have heard of one and it was just thrown away - nothing has happened as of yet. These are civil fines NOT criminal fines and therefore cannot put any 'points' on your license anyhow. Right now only about 25% of them actually get paid at all any more.

I have noticed here that DPS does like to pull a trick where the cars will run in tandem about 1 mile after the other, so that the 2nd guy catches everyone who speeds up after they pass the first one. Be careful.

Josh

Don't quote me on this, but I heard that ADOT will not give out of state'rs photo radar tickets....
I still have my Ohio plates and have been flashed twice in the MazdaSpeed 6, no ticket yet (both in August). I'll be a test case....

One of my pals here in Albuquerque got one driving a rental SUV in AZ with Colorado plates. The rental company charged him an extra $10 for having to track down the paperwork and then ADOT sent him the $240 ticket (I think) for 11 over. That place is getting out of control. My dad also got one from AZ he had to pay. Neither of them live in AZ.

Also remember that althought the mobile units use radar, the permanant ones use sensors in the road, so there is no radar signal at all. You simply drive over it; it measures your car's wheelbase/weight and decides what kind of car it is and then comes up with a speed based on your time over the sensors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also remember that althought the mobile units use radar, the permanant ones use sensors in the road, so there is no radar signal at all. You simply drive over it; it measures your car's wheelbase/weight and decides what kind of car it is and then comes up with a speed based on your time over the sensors.
Three of these were just installed on I-10 eastbound between Rt 85 and Goodyear. This is one of my normal commute routes and I forget about them all the time. Luckily the 300 feet warning signs freak out most people and they drop well below the posted 75mph speed limit. I have started taking back roads on the way home so I won't have to worry about those OR the traffic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Threadjack:

I can't help but laugh everytime I read this thread title. My mind wants to interpret it as ADOT FORD ([SIZE=8pt]a state vehicle) [/SIZE]ESCAPES WITH CAMERAS!( [SIZE=8pt]stole them and ran!)[/SIZE]

/end threadjack

I'm a dork, I know.

On topic, Yavapai and Coconino counties have several mobile radar cameras inside Chevy Astro vans. It works just like the speed cameras on the 101/202 in PHX but, you know... movable. :assassin: Bad juju. They are, however, set to only take a pic at 11 or more over the limit.

Most of the time they don't mail them to out of state plates, however I have heard of one and it was just thrown away - nothing has happened as of yet. These are civil fines NOT criminal fines and therefore cannot put any 'points' on your license anyhow. Right now only about 25% of them actually get paid at all any more.
I have noticed here that DPS does like to pull a trick where the cars will run in tandem about 1 mile after the other, so that the 2nd guy catches everyone who speeds up after they pass the first one. Be careful.

Josh

For DPS they not only mail to out of state but they also process serve in all 50 states. Now since no points its not like your state will find out, but if you dont pay and they report to collections it will affect you or some courts will suspend your AZ driving prileges which again wont affect you unless you come back.

If you live in AZ and just have out of state plates, the process service company will attempt to serve you at your AZ address first regardless of the address your plates go to.

I wonder if they are doing this to pacify voters to prevent (discourage) them from voting to remove ALL photo radar units throughout the entire state of Arizona, by eliminating them from freeways only. Personally, I hope it is still on the ballot, because I am totally prepared to vote the entire money-making scheme right out the window.

Maybe I'm just a bit distrusting!

I wonder if they are doing this to pacify voters to prevent (discourage) them from voting to remove ALL photo radar units throughout the entire state of Arizona, by eliminating them from freeways only. Personally, I hope it is still on the ballot, because I am totally prepared to vote the entire money-making scheme right out the window.
Maybe I'm just a bit distrusting!
The way i read it, They are getting rid of all the mobile units (escapes) and deactivating the permanent ones in the Phoenix area.

Come on July 16th! :)

Now all we have to do is deactivate all Local, State, and federal government agencies. Just think what life would be without all that crap! To answer my own question it was none a long long time ago as FREEDOM!

The mobile unit that had been located in the westbound lane of I-10 just before the Verrado exit has been removed. Perhaps it's the end of them :yahoo: