Advics makes the 2009+ ABS system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Cash

Reaction score
I'm tearing one of them apart, and there's ICs on the controller circuit board stamped "ADVICS" so I Binged it and found:

https://www.advics.co.jp/eng/product/com/breake_system.html

That ABS modulator would be our guy, it's identical to the one I'm holding in my hand. The 2008 and earlier is a totally different animal though.

That silver part is literally a solid block of machined aluminum, so it's tough. I however, am a tool-using primate, and I have a *Dremel* *tool* so it's only a matter of time.

Wonder if they sell direct to the great unwashed? It would be interesting to find out how much they charge for an ABS block :rolleyes:

Don

What are you trying to do. :huh:
Take it apart, of course! See what's inside and how it works.

Wonder if they sell direct to the great unwashed? It would be interesting to find out how much they charge for an ABS block :rolleyes:
Yep, you can get a new ABS block from Ron Ayers for about $1,200 clams, no hoses or proportioning valves though. It's the most expensive single part on the bike, as far as I can tell. This one's a bit cheaper at only $40 from a junkyard.

It's built like Fort Knox though. I got the motor cover off by baking it in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes. The valves and accumulators are buried in there beyond the reach of my puny equipment, so far. Need to take one of the frikkin' lasers off one of the sharks...

Last edited by a moderator: