AE Clutch Engagement is Adjustable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Spyda,

Yes many of us are. That's one of the first things I did when I got the bike and got on this forum to help with the throttle abruptness.

I have the one from G2 https://www.g2ergo.com/ Looks like Yamaha has the same thing for less money. That's a first! It really did help

quite a bit with the throttle, that combined with the throttle spring unwind and a Power Commander it is just like a normal bike now.

Then of course the clutch soak was a must for me. Day and night difference. Really the bike was not fun to ride before these corrections.

Not for my passenger either. I would have strongly considered selling it if were not for this forum and the excellent posts provided by it's

members.

Now with those things done the bike is a joy to ride. Funny how it can go from a no fun (sale consideration) to one of the funnest bikes

I have ever ridden but it's true. The enjoyment factor is over the top. My wife even enjoys going for rides now.

Thanks guys!

I can tell you the jerky starts are not caused by us not knowing how to ride our FJR AE's. Unless after 20K miles I am losing my technique. I have been taking my bike into the dealer on and off for a year and they still can't figure it out. Spent over $1700 on new clutch actuator, did not work. Sooner or later you will probably have the same problem I have. I would sell my AE if they could fix it. I do love the bike when it is working right, but as far as I am concerned, they produce a lemon and Yamaha won't own up to it.

Good luck, sell it while its running right, that's my advice.

I've owned three different AEs, two 06s and an 08. Last two had the Power Commander, which helped smooth out cold low speed starts and maneuvers. Smooth shifts and low speed maneuvers is just a matter of feel for throttle and shift. The owners of "A" bikes need to be smooth and talented using the clutch, with an AE it's using the throttle. BTW betwee. The three bikes I've put 40,000 miles in two and a part years all over America from Interstate to mountain two lane racing in turns to rush hour Chicago.