Aftermarket mufflers for the 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, no love for the V&H? I bought a set in 2014 on a Black Friday sale. I like the growl they have without being too loud and the black looks great. I have the standard baffle (they have less restrictive ones available).
Their site doesn't list the CS One will fit the GEN III bike so I sent them an email asking the question. I found a couple clips on YouTube and sounds pretty good. Not too loud but nice deep sound. Priced about the same as Two Brothers and others. I like the look!

Holeshot has some high quality stuff. Dale has pipes in various lengths and a "street" core for a little quieter sound. He also sells a "DB" (decibel) killer if you want it really quite.

I've installed the complete Holeshot header system complete with black pipes on all 3 of my FJRs; 05, 09, and 14. You can see pics of all of my bikes on Dale's site. Here are a some shots of my 14ES, including the installed system before I buttoned everything back up. I really love the look and sound of these pipes and the fact that the cats are gone!

IMAG1546.jpg

IMAG1541.jpg

IMAG1331.jpg

Wow, no love for the V&H? I bought a set in 2014 on a Black Friday sale. I like the growl they have without being too loud and the black looks great. I have the standard baffle (they have less restrictive ones available).
Their site doesn't list the CS One will fit the GEN III bike so I sent them an email asking the question. I found a couple clips on YouTube and sounds pretty good. Not too loud but nice deep sound. Priced about the same as Two Brothers and others. I like the look!
Just for the record, I heard back from V&H and they said they had not done a test fit on the Gen III bike so they could not recommend the CS One at this time.

Anyone in the phoenix area have some delkevic i could swing by to hear it? Price point on them seems crazy good, ~400 for a pair, vs 600+ for most others.

Don't want anything super loud, have a growler on my little 250, and that sets off car alarms as i drive past. Was thinking about a 14 inch or 17 so its still louder if i need to get someones attention (one thing i like about my ninja, everyone hears me) and figured that size would be nice

is the best video i could find comparing them, but video and real life are different.

Abs love my Beowulfs. Lovely growl and popping and banging on overrun. Can't stand wind howl on a run so use in ear plugs.Still hear music and intercom no trouble. Even without plugs, the sound of the Beowulfs is lost behind so isn't a problem but do have decibel killers installed.

Did I mention I loooove them? Now the bike is a wolf in wolf's clothing.

So I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a set of Two Brothers Black Series slip-ons. Best price I've found is $682 free shipping. Anyone know of a better price out there, or suggested place to purchase?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Black Aluminum TB pipes a couple years ago. Around $525 I think. It was a great deal at the time...At the price you have those have to be the titanium. No idea if there's any significant difference.

So I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a set of Two Brothers Black Series slip-ons. Best price I've found is $682 free shipping. Anyone know of a better price out there, or suggested place to purchase?
I had a set of the Two Brothers on my 07. Not sure if you are running yours without tips, but I would highly recommend a pair of the tips in the link below. Without any tips it also had a drone on the highway in my instance. The tips take away the drone and deepened the tone producing a better overall sound. Mucho better on the freeway without being obnoxious. My 2 cents anyway.....

https://www.twobros.com/sku/005-P1-X

I like those too but when I checked with V&H to make sure they would fit a 3rd Gen, they would not commit that they would. If someone has a set of these on their 3rd Gen please speak up.

I had a set of the Two Brothers on my 07. Not sure if you are running yours without tips, but I would highly recommend a pair of the tips in the link below. Without any tips it also had a drone on the highway in my instance. The tips take away the drone and deepened the tone producing a better overall sound. Mucho better on the freeway without being obnoxious. My 2 cents anyway.....

Totally agree and I will buy the P1X tips for my long trips.

I got the Black Aluminum TB pipes a couple years ago. Around $525 I think. It was a great deal at the time...At the price you have those have to be the titanium. No idea if there's any significant difference.
They are Carbon Fiber.

I like those too but when I checked with V&H to make sure they would fit a 3rd Gen, they would not commit that they would. If someone has a set of these on their 3rd Gen please speak up.

Totally agree and I will buy the P1X tips for my long trips.

They are Carbon Fiber.
Yes without a doubt, they will fit a Gen 3. All the slip ons are interchangeable.

Any mods necessary to run any of these slip-ons? or do the computerized newer bikes compensate.
You may want to block off the PAIR system. (Do Gen III have PAIR?)

There are no performance issues, but you may experience some 'popping' on deceleration with PAIR. There's lots of information on the forum regarding PAIR, including where and how to obtain a very nice set of custom Wynpro PAIR block off plates.
No popping issues on my 2014 when I installed Staintune's.

Update - I went with the Two Brothers Black Series Carbon Fiber. LOVE THEM!!!! Bike sounds amazing. I don't think these are as loud as the aluminum set I had on my 06 model but they will probably get louder as I put more time on them. I didn't get the tips at this time, thought I would see how loud they were first. Right now, I don't think I'll add the tips, might change my mind though later. Pipes went on easy and look really good IMO.

Update - I went with the Two Brothers Black Series Carbon Fiber. LOVE THEM!!!! Bike sounds amazing. I don't think these are as loud as the aluminum set I had on my 06 model but they will probably get louder as I put more time on them. I didn't get the tips at this time, thought I would see how loud they were first. Right now, I don't think I'll add the tips, might change my mind though later. Pipes went on easy and look really good IMO.
I have them in Titanium on my '13, nearly 20K miles with the 2Bs and I still LOVE the sound and I don't have the tips