AGirl's 07 ==> altitude sickness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some other 06 owners who spoke up but for some reason, probably because there weren't enough of us, we were sort of pushed aside or wrote off as some anamoly
Unfortunately that is partly true. The 06's weren't pushed as much on this forum because we had 78 2007 owners complain, and only 9 2006 owners spoke up. Thankfully the part number for both years is the same for the ECU, so all Gen II owners will benefit from the efforts of the forum. I even included the stats for both years in my report to the NHSTA when I talked to them in August.

For all you "silent surgers" out there, talk to your dealers! Bitching on the internet doesn't produce the results that getting off your ass and doing something! Currently I have over 1200 "test" miles on my 07 FJR. That's 1200 miles donated to figuring out if, how, and when the bike has fits. I know that the dealer and otubrab have logged many, many miles on his bike to try and figure out the surging issue.

Finding a dealer that will take a serious look at reported problems is half the battle.

What a difference a day makes...

Posted above (#36) reply yesterday afternoon. Last night, as can be seen in post #453 (HERE), benevolent Warchild offers his assistance in obtaining and installing an ECU fix for my bike. While reading his offer to come to WA and solve the surge, I scare the beejeezus out of people in my proximity yelling “RIGHT ON!!”, then immediately start planning to leave New Hampshire and head towards Warchild in WA, while doing this:
cheer.gif

Late morning today, I receive 2 voice messages; first was someone from Yamaha “calling to say your new ECU will be in Alabama at D&H Cycle by Monday, and they will be calling you shortly"; second message, from D&H Cycle.

I have no idea who or what happened in the last 24 hrs that I went from zero options to two. :rolleyes: Notwithstanding, the fact that the end is near is a RELIEF! Dang, I hope this fix works. I'm thinking since I can't test the ECU in AL that my test route should at least go through the mountain passes in WA, stopping by to personally shake a certain Warchild's hand.

AGirl

P.S. = btw, when I called D&H back I asked for the part # for this long-awaited ECU fix thinggy. Since I haven't seen any other posts with such info, here it is: [SIZE=12pt]90891-30054-000[/SIZE]

AGirl.....Glad you'll be getting the new ECU for your FJR. See what this forum and some positive thinking can do. Next time you are in the Vermont area you better stop by.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
AGirl stopped in for an oil change this morning. She left North Conway NH early, came here to northeast MA about 10:30, a quick oil change and some stories and off she goes to Tennessee and Alabama for a new ECU. Just a day in the life for her.

Doesn't she look happy?, like anyone else that just had their oil changed:

IMG_3860.jpg

She's got a couple great days of weather to get south. I'm sure it will be nicer than the dampness she was dealing with up north last week.

I believe she's heading to Washington for a rondezvous with Warchild after her Alabama/Tennessee visit.

Happy Trails, AGirl!

IMG_3865.jpg

Do you think this front tire will make it? She says it has about 6,000 on it.

IMG_3863.jpg

This is her second Storm which she says wore out much quicker than the first one she had on.

Maybe Avon is having consistency troubles?

Go Sox!

Last edited by a moderator: