Albuquerque has suffered huge losses.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
Last week was fucking tragic, and it has spilled into this week. On Monday, A four year old girl was killed on I40 in Albuquerque over a bullshit road rage incident. One guy got mad at the other, so one decided to be a rolling roadblock, after they exchanged some words. Problem was, guy in the truck, doing the roadblock had his family with him. The chickenshit who couldn't pass decided shooting would be a good idea so he fired into the truck, hitting four year old Lilly in the back of the head. She was killed instantly. She was innocent and and her 7 year old brother was sitting next to her, so he got to see his baby sister murdered.

Dad was an idiot. Why would he antagonize some unknown guy with his wife and his babies in the truck? Pride is an awful thing. God knows I've let mine get the best of me once or twice, but not with my kids in the truck.

Asshole shooter was arrested before for another road rage incident, and of course, Albuquerque justice prevailed and he got less than a slap on the hand.

A guy that used to work on my squad was on his way home from court when he rolled up on the scene. Him and some others scooped Lilly up and got her to the hospital faster than any normal person could have. She was dead before her dad even got the truck stopped.

The shooter was the most wanted man ever and his neighbor rated him out. I was hoping that his neighbor would recognize him and beat him to death, but he did the 2nd best thing by turning him in. He was picked up and admitted his involvement. Jesus!!

I was ok until I ran into Lilly's grandma at coffee. She introduced herself and then broke down. Fucking lost it in Starbucks. What the fuck is wrong with people?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-says-goodbye-to-4-year-old-killed-in-nm-road-rage-shooting/

The night they caught that jackass, one of my best friends made a traffic stop of a motorcycle in Albuquerque's South East. The rider decided he didn't want to go back to jail, so he fought and then shot APD Officer Daniel Webster 8 times. One round found its way to his jaw and cut Dan's corotted artery on the way through. A fast acting nurse, cops and ambulance crew got him to University of New Mexico Hospital quickly, and it initially looked like his life had been saved. The complications from that injury were too much for Dan to overcome and he lost his battle tonight.

This has been a long week with broken sleep here and there and spending 90% of my time at the hospital with Dan and his wife, who works for me. The asshole was caught that night, and cried like a little bitch.

So, tonight, my friend died for a stolen motorcycle, killed by a guy that should have been in jail. Dan retired from the army as a Sgt 1st Class as a Ranger in the 82nd Airborn. He lived through deployments to Iraq only to die in Albuquerque. Again, what the fuck is wrong with people??

https://m.koat.com/news/albuquerque-police-officer-shot/35973452

Officer Dan Webster was a dad, a son, an uncle, a brother, a husband, a soldier, a cop, and a great friend. My daughters loved him, and they're cautious around people. The picture below is them waiting for him to splash them on a camping trip. He was an amazing man and a great friend. Our lives are changed forever:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Today, hug your family, and maybe say something nice to a cop you happen to see out and about. Yeah, I know you don't have to, but you wouldn't believe the positive impact it has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine going through what you have and not tried to even the score. I'm sure you are frustrated with how the system works and will glad to retire from it. We are better off having people like you doing what you can to keep a lid on it wth one hand tied behind your back. Be careful uot there.

It's numbing...all the non stop senseless crap that goes on out there with tragic after effects.

Sorry for all the evil that has transpired to kill your friend and the innocents around you.

Godspeed...

Mark

Tragedy is everywhere these days, all over this planet, and it doesn't appear that it will disappear anytime soon. Senseless tragedy seems the most common, and the hardest to fathom. There's hope for us, but sadly, it it seems it won't happen in a 1,000 lifetimes.

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend, and more so for his family.

Saw the story about the little girl on the news...truly tragic. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Take care, and be safe out there.

I saw both on the news. That totally sucks big time! Sometimes you wonder whether you should get out of bed in the morning. Like Joe said.... be careful out there

The world can be a very dangerous and unforgiving place. One must struggle to constantly be on guard yet not become detached from the many good people who do exist. My heart goes out to you. Try not to let it degrade your professionalism nor let it take the joy of this gift of life from your heart.

I too have struggled with not responding to A**holes who do really stupid, often deliberate things that endanger our lives and the lives of others. It can be damn near impossible sometimes.

Hang in there.

Thanks for doing what you do AJ.

The asshole bomb that was dropped on North America years ago continues it's infection.

Can't be fun, sorry to hear about your loss. As most here state we appreciate what all the LEO's do for us.

Good on you for being there for his family even tho your hurting! May he RIP.

There was a time when I thought I wanted to be a cop. I think I would have been a good detective. But I am very glad that I chose a different career, something that did not get me closely involved in the stupidity and tragedy of the public like you do every day. You have my respect for doing a job that needs to be done. I know it is hard. Good thing you have a wonderful family to go home to at the end of the day.

When I heard the news about that incident in Albuquerque I thought about you AJ, and hoping that it wasn't anything or anybody close to you. Well here I find that it was....DAMN.. My thoughts and prayers to you and your friends family, and thanks for what you and LEO's do for all of us.

Why you guys do it is beyond me, especially with all the crappy negative coverage you get from the media and mostly the lack of support from the people you are risking your lives to protect. Don't ask me why, but I am damn glad you do. Thank you Brother for being out there for us.

Dealing with the harsh realities that mother nature can sometimes dish out is one thing, and we deal with it. But the hatred and total disregard for life that we humans can sometimes display is totally incomprehensible. I can't begin to imagine how Lilly and Dan's family and friends feel now. But you have my sympathies and we share the same hatred for this kind of senseless bullshit of these type of people.

Thank you AJ, and to all the LEOs and first responders on this forum for the work you folks do.

I don't know how you folks in the law enforcement community put up with that day after day. Don't think I could deal with a four year old little girl being senselessly murdered. Thanks for being there and keeping your finger in the dike for us.

I don't know how you folks in the law enforcement community put up with that day after day. Don't think I could deal with a four year old little girl being senselessly murdered. Thanks for being there and keeping your finger in the dike for us.
Ditto. I've had friends who tried to be LEOs and just couldn't deal with it. I know I couldn't. My heart goes out to the friends and family who have suffered.

A.J.,

Having met you at Ray's first Rueben Run, I know you're a guy with a tough exterior, but a kind heart. These types of tragedies tear at everyone's moral fabric and cause us to take pause at what we're doing. I pray for healing for those affected, but also for you and all the LEO's that do the oft thankless job of keeping order in this nutso filled world. Stay safe and listen to that voice inside when it tells you you've had enough or lost your edge, you're too good a guy to become permanetly soured on society as a whole. Family and close friends are what's most important in this world and like you said, keep them close to you. May your friend and little Lilly rest in peace.