Albuquerque has suffered huge losses.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry for your loss. LEOs have it hard out there, I can relate to your friend as I am retired from the military also. A brother in arms was lost. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about the loss of his life and Lily's. Thank you for the job you do HodRodZilla

Perhaps it's just me but there does seem to be a correlation between the lack of faith in our country and the increase in senseless violence. I respect and love you AJ. Hang in there my friend, we need men and women like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost don't even know what to say. AJ your words hit like a brick and I feel sad for you and the APD. The kind of stuff you guys see almost daily is not for the normal person. Your good friend Officer Webster will be another name on those curved walls in Washington, DC. He will be remembered. My condolences to his family.

My heart goes out for you and for the family of that precious baby girl.

Stay strong and stay safe.

As Petey said, when I heard your town mentioned on the news, and even though I know it impacts all your department's members like family, I hoped it didn't involve you too personally. I truly wish you the best in dealing with all the aspects of this and condolences to your friend's family.

AJ, I understand why you and your brothers do what you do. That was my dream job. I was able to volunteer with civilian dept as a Civil Service Aid while active duty as military police for 11 years. Sadly, the negative that went with the job and the effects on friendships and family forced a career change. God bless you and the brothers that stand in the gap for us daily.

I pray for Dan's family and his teammates as you all move forward during your grieving.

God bless you AJ,

Steve

AJ, I'm sorry about your friend, Officer Webster, and offer my condolences. I appreciate very much the job that you and other officers do and the crap you have to put up with on a daily basis. My brother is a motor officer in SoCal, I worry about him, you, and all other officers out there just doing their jobs and keeping us safe.

Stay safe my friend!

I saw the news about the little girl...such a tragic and senseless thing.

I am at a loss for words AJ. As others have written, I am saddened by the downward spiral of our nation and truly appreciate the thankless job you and your brothers and sister do to keep society on track as best you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your girls, Daniels family and Lilly's family.

Stay safe out there,

Gregory

AJ I am so sorry for what you and your fellow Law Enforcement Officers go through on a daily biases to keep the public safe. It is unfortunate that in some cases heartfelt tragedies' falls upon you and your fellow officers, certainly not deserved.

I am also saddened for the two tragedies you have experienced. The loss of life of innocent little girl and a great friend, is without question heavy on your hart.

I am sure I speak for the entire forum when I say we are all here to support you in any way we can.

Hug your family and stay safe.

Sometimes when I am driving/riding much too fast and I am keeping a sharp lookout for The Cops because they are The Enemy... I remember my friend A.J. I remember that there are some really good men and women behind those badges. I find myself slowing down in South Louisiana out of respect for a policeman in Albuquerque New Mexico. A.J. has single handedly restored my faith in the law enforcement community.

With all the negative press we see when a police officer does his job and some asshole films it so they can put a negative spin on things, it is hard to remember that there men like A.J. out there putting it on the line for us. I cannot imagine the courage it takes to kiss a wife and kids goodbye to go put it all on the line every damned day.

Stay strong my friend.

Sometimes when I am driving/riding much too fast and I am keeping a sharp lookout for The Cops because they are The Enemy... I remember my friend A.J. I remember that there are some really good men and women behind those badges. I find myself slowing down in South Louisiana out of respect for a policeman in Albuquerque New Mexico. A.J. has single handedly restored my faith in the law enforcement community.
With all the negative press we see when a police officer does his job and some asshole films it so they can put a negative spin on things, it is hard to remember that there men like A.J. out there putting it on the line for us. I cannot imagine the courage it takes to kiss a wife and kids goodbye to go put it all on the line every damned day.

Stay strong my friend.
Outstanding Words of Wisdom Redfish Hunter! I got a "Performance Award" from California Highway Patrol coming back from Miss Tyler's Gathering of the Clans.

Going 80mph with everyone else on Interstate 10 and I was going to ask the Officer why we were singled out (out of state BMW Convertible!), knowing AJ: I shut up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, AJ.

I saw those stories on the news and was thinking aboot ya.

Petey pretty much nailed what I would say.

If you were closer, I'd buy you a beer.

Be safe, my friend.

Oh - and you're still a dork.

I could say something but it would get all political...... I'll just say it would be very rare for those incidents to happen in Canuckistan. Society needs respect. Thank you AJ and all the other LEO's who try desperately to do the right thing and have to go through this. If you see a LEO at a coffee shop, dig into your pocket and pay for his order.

One day, AJ, hope to have a beer with you.

Well said by many above.

Police have a public image problem because of the media. The media will throw the 1% or less of the bad things police do up on the news because of ratings. Heck, they will also throw the tragedies up there too because it gathers audience for their advertisers. Good cops and law enforcement does not sell make money for the TV stations. They know this and will exploit all they can to collect revenue.

Truly sad state of affairs for the public today at times. Our police around here have to convince kids that cops are the good guys after all the negative stuff they see on TV and in the paper. (we recently had a LEO bring drugs into the local jail)

Police are like us as bikers. It only takes one bad guy weaving in traffic and blasting loud pipes to give us all a bad image. The next 10 guys riding properly will be ignored because of the Moron.

Stay safe AJ.

Makes me sad for the families of Lily and Dan, and a little depressed, but unfortunately, not shocked. It's just more of the horrible news we're getting all the freaking time nowadays. Either of these incidents would have truly shocked America not that many years ago, but somehow we've become at least partly numbed to it. What a shame.

Condolences to you and your family's personal loss, AJ, and condolences to the rest of America for having had to get used to this kind of bullshit.