Albuquerque has suffered huge losses.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joining in with all of the others. I respect all police officers and am saddened at the loss of your friend and all police killed on duty. Keep up the good work and be careful.

Some people will never understand what those in public service see and deal with on an everyday basis. Losing a comrade is never easy especially since it always seems senseless. Common courtesy and respect is no longer.

HRZ my condolences with you, the family, and the department...

To those who understand what a partner is and what it means to you, and the job, stay safe. The job is this political climate is forever tougher. Maintain awareness at all times and arrive home safely.

AJ, the title of your thread was one of the first things I saw this morning when I got to work. As I read through it, only one or two responses had been made and I wanted so badly to add something as well. I've spent my day at work revisiting this and blinking back tears every single time. I had to wait until my office thinned out before I could do this.

I cannot fathom the pain you, your family, and these other families are going through. I cannot fathom how you can do everyday the job that you do so well. I was familiar with the story of the 4 year old from the national news and learned about your friend and fellow officer through this post. I struggle to compose something here that truly expresses the outrage I'm feeling within the rules of this forum and common decency.

You will be in my thoughts tonight and my prayers.

AJ,

Sorry for your losses. The two tragedies in your city have made the headlines here. Worcester is bigger than your city and it seems by luck we have not had losses like you've recently had.

I have no extraordinary words here for the extraordinary ordeal you are going through and for the extraordinary things the guys in blue do. All I can say right now is that I am so sorry for your loss, and thank you for keeping on doing what you do.

You are in my thoughts and prayers AJ, stay safe out there brother!!

So many cops laying their lives on the line each day. Ride safe, and make it home every time.

Did not read all the comments in this thread.

Sorry for the shitty week, and the loss of a close brother.

We tow the line because no one else will, and try to leave our corner of this world just a bit better if we can.

Stay safe.

B

Same for me as many others AJ. We thank our vets all the time for their sacrifices, but you guys don't get near the recognition you deserve. Thank you for the DAILY sacrifice you make in risking your life to make our streets & cities a safer place. Endless props brother!

Hard to understand the senseless shit people do sometimes!!

I can always depend on you guys for good words and perspective. I think we all can, which is why so many of us post about the loss of friends, family, and pets.

It's been a Hellavua week. I finally got some sleep last night. First time since last Wednesday night. Dan's funeral is Tuesday morning and I'm expecting a huge number of people at the funeral and along the procession. We know some people simply despise us, and really that's ok, because they are usually the people we are hunting anyway. They are a small LOUD minority boosted by a liberal media and social media that lives for drama.

It's just sad when good guys lose the fight. Dan did a couple tours in Iraq, I don't know how many, but I do know he has 112 jumps logged. He was smart and tough, and knew how to win. Now, in this society where he had to worry about being convicted for the wrong decision, his hesitation may have cost him his life. Chalk one up for the shitheads...

BUT, what they don't know is that pissing us off only makes us stronger. The community has come together for at least a few weeks, and they are beginning to see the turn society has made. People shouldn't need us to police them, they should police themselves. As much as this sucks, it helps, a little. We'll all go back to work, like we always do, and we'll be stronger. I've said before: quitting is not in our DNA. We will mourn, and we will continue to do what we do, hopefully smarter.

Yesterday, I got out on the KTM with Patch. We found a new area we had never ridden a couple weeks ago. We went yesterday and had a blast. Lighting that thing up let loose of a lot of stress. All I had time to do was control the bike and laugh. What therapy!! Probably one of the best times I've ever had on on a dirt bike. It's time to get back to life and move on from this slump. I'll miss my friend, and Michelle has a very long road ahead, but we'll get her through, because that's what we do.

Thanks for your kind words, and the PMs. They have meant a lot!!

Mr. HotRodZilla,

I have no idea how to respond to this; it's just so far outside my life experience, and so far outside the "reality" of how the world should be. Your sorrow, confusion, frustration, bafflement, anger, and feelings of betrayal are things I cannot imagine.

My heart goes out to you, sir, and to your family. They, too, have experienced this, and must look at you differently than they did last week. As you counseled us, I will counsel you: hug your loved ones and make sure they know how you feel.

Durango is a long way from Dunwoody, but I am determined to hit NAFO 2016. Perhaps the most important reason? To meet HotRodZilla, a big clown who isn't really a clown.

ATGATT at work, sir, and I hope you find some peace in all this mess.

Hud

Last edited by a moderator:
It is good to hear that you have gotten past the demons and have a positive perspective on what comes next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss AJ some people would say shit like this happens for a reason but I can't see any reason for the recent events in your life. You just have to bear the burden.

Glad you are not quitting --- we need good cops out there.

Sometimes it seems that the more this society talks about moving toward civilization the more we slip off the wrong side of the slope. This sux, I hope that when the murderers get put in a place where everyone else is worse than them, they'll get what they deserve.