Almost traded her in...freshened her up instead

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
After last years week long photo trip to Death Valley and seeing some guys on adventure bikes, I got the itch. Actually made it to the stealership and changed my mind before signing on the dotted line for a Triumph Tiger 800 XCX. Realized that I love my FJR. What was I thinking!!! Used the cash for the down to get a set of Delkevic 14" stubbies, a new Shoei GT Air and a new bluetooth headset.

Removed all the bags including the Shad top case. Running naked for a while. Feels nice. Reminds me of my gixxer.......okay a huge gixxer.

LOVE the sound from the Delkevics. I've had Two Brothers, Yoshimura, and Akrapovic and the quality is right up there for a lot less $$.

https://

https://

That is a nice looking bike. I think you made the right decision, but what would be wrong with having two bikes?
I like your train of thought. My wife has put up with my bike habit ever since we were married. She's been great but would probably shoot me if i got another. Someday.......

Had to show me those Delkevics, didn't you...and only @ $350....
Sorry! If it makes you feel any better they sound great too. Not terribly loud or annoying. I don't even have the baffles in. I've seen some guys with the 8 inchers....geez that's gotta be loud.

That is a nice looking bike. I think you made the right decision, but what would be wrong with having two bikes?
I like your train of thought. My wife has put up with my bike habit ever since we were married. She's been great but would probably shoot me if i got another. Someday.......
How many bike does a man need?.........................................................................One more than he already has.
aikido.gif

Good decision...gotta have an FJR or three in the stable at all times!

Congratulations on SAVING money today!!

--G

You need to get the seat recovered in silver. It would look so AWESOME.

Nice bike, Like the exhaust too,

Dave

I also think you made a wise decision .. I am a one bike person, and I ride a '14 now which I like a lot. But I had a silver '10 prior and I miss that bike. If Yama would bring that exact color back next year, I'd be trading.

Agreed - nice looking FJR.

Naturally, the question of two bikes is valid. Until you have two - then the question becomes... Three?

I get the itch periodically to look at other bikes, I might ride a Concours this week, but I fully expect to not really end up wanting it.

2-3 bikes are manditory.... my 06 fjr is down in arizona with me now 153000 km( rode it down from canada in fall and will ride home later) . Just bought another 06 at home 2 months ago and got a week of riding before snow and heading south again. Also have a backup ride (08 Bandit) . Then there is the obligatory dual purpose (11 klr) and still have my 79 cbx and 85 gs1150 . then there are the family bikes: 230 honda for my significant other, a 250 klx for her son....oh and my 91 concours and an 06 klr that my adult sons ride. The problem is the want ads still have lots of entertaining rides that I NEED...