Amsoil Dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
And the answer is, yes......but......I've search out this Amsoil product, and yes I know most will say just forget about it and go out and buy some diseal oil with no friction modifiers so not to mess up the clutch works. I have never used synthetic oils so the reason for checking this out. Ok, but I've checked out some of the new "motorcycle" oils and seems like someone has been paying attention to us bike riders after all. Amsoil has a new 10-40 synthetic for motorcycles among other weights. And I particularly haven't had good luck with the oils ending with "50" as it seems like the shifting smoothness has gone south.

So I check around and looked everywhere with no luck. You look up a dealer in your area and all that comes up is some private individual and not a store. Weird. Question is: where can one buy Amsoil at a local store? Looked online but who wants to pay all that shipping. I know some of you have used Amsoil. Any help? Thanks in advanced, PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question is: where can one buy Amsoil at a local store? Looked online but who wants to pay all that shipping. I know some of you have used Amsoil. Any help? Thanks in advanced, PM. <>< :unsure:
Del

Amsoil... Some swear by it, :wub: :punk:

Others Swear at it.
:madsmiley: :fuk:

It rates up there with politics and religion.

I think it's a good product, I use it. I've had an oil analisys on a 14k sample straight from my oil fill hole. The results were quite positive - though I took it just before opening the drain for an oil change. I typically go about 10k between oil and filter changes. The bike shifts very well (AE) and does not slip the clutch on hard acceleration.

Amsoil at it's outset decided to forgo selling it's product in any chain outlet like Kragan or Sears of favor of private dealers. You may find a local auto parts house or motorcycle supply with a small assortment for sale, but that would be the owner of that business pushing it - not the corporate structure.

There are a few places in my neck of the woods offering it. Road Rider is one, Cycle Salvage is another, Fremont Honda/Kawasaki is yet another. They're out there. Your best bet is to befrend a local dealer and buy several extra quarts and a couple of filters. I have a friend in Union City that sells the stuff, if your interested drop me a PM and I'll send you his contact information.

Brodie

NAPA, used them last year.This year, local guy is supplying for a dollar less.

Using 10-40.
sullivan, can you get me his/her contact info... I am next door in Buxton to you and was thinking of running Amsoil in my 04 FJ. thanks!!

Question is: where can one buy Amsoil at a local store? Looked online but who wants to pay all that shipping. I know some of you have used Amsoil. Any help? Thanks in advanced, PM. <>< :unsure:
Del

Amsoil... Some swear by it, :wub: :punk:

Others Swear at it.
:madsmiley: :fuk:

It rates up there with politics and religion.

I think it's a good product, I use it. I've had an oil analisys on a 14k sample straight from my oil fill hole. The results were quite positive - though I took it just before opening the drain for an oil change. I typically go about 10k between oil and filter changes. The bike shifts very well (AE) and does not slip the clutch on hard acceleration.

Amsoil at it's outset decided to forgo selling it's product in any chain outlet like Kragan or Sears of favor of private dealers. You may find a local auto parts house or motorcycle supply with a small assortment for sale, but that would be the owner of that business pushing it - not the corporate structure.

There are a few places in my neck of the woods offering it. Road Rider is one, Cycle Salvage is another, Fremont Honda/Kawasaki is yet another. They're out there. Your best bet is to befrend a local dealer and buy several extra quarts and a couple of filters. I have a friend in Union City that sells the stuff, if your interested drop me a PM and I'll send you his contact information.

Brodie
Brodie....... I need to order some more.. I lost all that paperwork ya gave me.........

B

Amsoil 10W/40 motorcycle synthetic has been there for quite a few years now. I have receipts from 2003 for my previous bike.

Apart from the vendors mentioned earlier for the East Bay area, there is Allied Auto in Fremont (Irvington District) who sells at a good price too.

And there is the Severe Gear oil for us Amsoil fanatics if you want to go the whole route!

When discussing(arguing) oils, their usages, viscosity's, their brands, if you are using a non friction modifier oil, keep this in mine; how many oil failures have we seen on the forum(s); nay I say any. (whatever makes you feels good is the correct answer)

When discussing(arguing) oils, their usages, viscosity's, their brands, if you are using a non friction modifier oil, keep this in mine; how many oil failures have we seen on the forum(s); nay I say any. (whatever makes you feels good is the correct answer)

ding, ding ding...

we have a winner!

While I thank those who replied to this thread and the advertising sounds great about this product, for some strange reason not being able to purchase oil in a store bothers me. Frankly I feel like I'm dealing with some sort of "Amway" product and I must attend a "party" to purchase some oil for the skoot. Maybe I could paint the FJR pink and start a home business. Oh, that's the other line of products....sorry. I'm still out on this one but thanks again. Hey, I just wanted some oil for WFO. PM. <>< :blink: :blink: :blink:

PM, if ya ain't goin' amsoil, ya ain't goin. Take that from an amsoil dealer. Oh, I run the gear oil in the skoot, too....just to make ya feel safe.

PM, if ya ain't goin' amsoil, ya ain't goin. Take that from an amsoil dealer. Oh, I run the gear oil in the skoot, too....just to make ya feel safe.
Right on Ray. And if you're an Amsoil dealer and a fellow forum member/FJR/HD rider brother, maybe you could cut me up some slack on some 10-40 synthetic.....and I'd be willin to try some of that gear oil....just sayin....would be appreciated and I wouldn't have to pay that Kali tax since it'd be comin out of the holy land of Texas an all....PM. <>< :dntknw: