Announcing the Rally Rallye 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I cave... I'll figure out a way to get out of work and be there Thursday night. DaJuice needs some new tires!

... and CraigRegs makes 9. So if DaJuice actually signs up instead just posing on the internet we'll have the required 10 competitors :good:

Seven novices who have never rallied before and 3 Experts who supposedly know what they're doing.

I have posted the rules for the Rally Ralley at the Rally Ralley Info Central here. These rule are culled with permission from the Team Strange Uniform Rules.

Read and understand them if you don't understand something ask now not after the Ralley. Printing out a copy for your use during the Ralley would be a very wise thing to do.

I hate the fact that there are so many rules <_< most of them are common sense like your bike needs to be licensed and you need a drivers license with MC endorsement. More importantly for the new folks they spell out what is expected from you for bonus collection.

My plan is to distribute the Bonus list in a MS Word doc and a gpx file sometime the week before CFO via email. If anyone has a problem with these file formats let me know soon so we can adjust as necessary. You will need to print out a hard copy of the bonus list and bring it with you the CFO. The bonus list is where you document your bonus collection, this is a very important document to have. I will have a couple of extra copies but they could get scooped up by last minute entrants. Most Rallies don't send out bonus lists this far in advance usually you get them the night before or maybe even the morning of the ralley. I'm doing this for two reasons, one so the novices have more time to construct a route and two so everyone has their route done and can socialize Thursday night rather than lock themselves in their room pouring over maps.

Two more are signed up now so we're up to 12, now it's starting to look like a good field :good: XCSP and his non forum member but past CFO attendee Starky are the newest additions.

Dang it your trying to suck me in! Thinking????
Well then think some more.

The Wizard of Oz

Where you want this kill'n done? Out on Hwy 61

I have posted the rules for the Rally Ralley at the Rally Ralley Info Central here. These rule are culled with permission from the Team Strange Uniform Rules.
Read and understand them if you don't understand something ask now not after the Ralley. Printing out a copy for your use during the Ralley would be a very wise thing to do.

I hate the fact that there are so many rules <_< most of them are common sense like your bike needs to be licensed and you need a drivers license with MC endorsement. More importantly for the new folks they spell out what is expected from you for bonus collection.

My plan is to distribute the Bonus list in a MS Word doc and a gpx file sometime the week before CFO via email. If anyone has a problem with these file formats let me know soon so we can adjust as necessary. You will need to print out a hard copy of the bonus list and bring it with you the CFO. The bonus list is where you document your bonus collection, this is a very important document to have. I will have a couple of extra copies but they could get scooped up by last minute entrants. Most Rallies don't send out bonus lists this far in advance usually you get them the night before or maybe even the morning of the ralley. I'm doing this for two reasons, one so the novices have more time to construct a route and two so everyone has their route done and can socialize Thursday night rather than lock themselves in their room pouring over maps.
More important info, things you need to run a rally 101.

Maps of MN, WI, IA and IL.

Camera, digital or Polaroid.

Obviously there will be photo bonuses so you will need a means to hang a rally flag at bonus locations. Duct tape will do a good job.

Pens, pencils and highlighters.

Calculator

Clock or watch

Money and or credit card for possible purchases during the rally.

A sense of humor.

Finally just cuz I'm feeling generous I'm going to give some of the answers for your bonus sheets.

Coke a Cola

Big Ring Flyers

Ornate Box Turtle

11 or 13

Turn on light at building

and my favorite, geodesic

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we lost one and gained one within a few hours. Eeksnake has had to drop out and Mnrider has signed up.

People, we're giving away tires here, hello. Ya can't win if ya don't play :big_boss:

You've got mail! :agent:

All Rally Rallye entrants were sent the bonus sheets via email tonight. If you did not receive them PM me and we'll get it right.

Looking at 'em now.

Thanks for waking me up to a headache.

This is goin' to be FUN! In a hair pulling sort of way. course I don't have any, can I pull yours :lol:

Looking at 'em now.
Thanks for waking me up to a headache.

This is goin' to be FUN! In a hair pulling sort of way. course I don't have any, can I pull yours :lol:
Reading comprehension and the ability to follow instructions are the fundamentals of bonus rallies.

Karl, in the email read the sentence in all capital letters :huh:

And no, you can't pull my hair