Announcing the Rally Rallye 2011 Style

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so in order...I need to Show up, Not Ef Up, and Finish. Do I have that right? That is a lot to remember, so I had better write it down some where so I can see it while I am riding.

I have NO, ZERO, question that both the Bonzai and the Rally Rallie are going to be huge learning experiences, and that the fuel cell is going to have next to no bennifit during them. Both of these rallies, and the MN1K after them are to help get ready for the BitE rally in August, and hopefully to have a little fun as well.

Right now the audio system on the bike is pissing me off to no end, and the fuel cell cover I ordered from Linda T over 3 months ago still hasn't arrived. Two minor things to deal with, and neither will be a big deal if I have to live without them. I just can't wait to ride somewhere other than back and for to work everyday.

Prizes for the Rally Rallye are being formulated now, sorry not the tires this time :dribble:

But there will be a gift certificate from the fine folks at LD Comfort.

LDComfort_Full-Logo-Black_Crop.jpg

and a free entry in the Team Lyle Rally June 18 out of Mpls.

TLR_logo.jpg

Plus trinkets the riders bring back, could be oil filters :huh: or it could be more cheese :bad:

Attention All Rally Rallye Riders

You've got mail, check your inbox for an email from me, subject Rally Rallye Info.

Read it, understand it and respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my registration confirmation 'E' mail it noted that I would not be using GPS but I am (Zumo 660) and I thought I noted that on the application. If there is any GPS info/files available I would like it.

No problem, everyone gets the gpx files so they can use them to plan if not route on the bike.

One more week and we're there :good:

Bonus Sheets and a gpx waypoint file should be in your inbox now. If not contact me directly.

Now get to work :big_boss:

Thanks Rick

I'm on it

Edit: Well, I was off to a good start, but then I started transferring my MP3s to the nüvi. First things first.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rick

I'm on it

Edit: Well, I was off to a good start, but then I started transferring my MP3s to the nüvi. First things first.

Joe can you route me a couple of maps? I'm going to be awfully busy the next couple of days. :p

Thanks Rick

I'm on it

Joe can you route me a couple of maps? I'm going to be awfully busy the next couple of days. :p
Maybe my time last night would have been better spent putting my bike back together instead of loading tunes an working on the winning route?

Well I have two routes already done and ready to go. One will be pushing things to the max, and I wont even try if it is raining, but the other is more conservative for if the weather is bad. Now to reconfirm everything.

Well I have two routes already done and ready to go. One will be pushing things to the max, and I wont even try if it is raining, but the other is more conservative for if the weather is bad. Now to reconfirm everything.

I sure hope that mapsource doesn't act up...that could be the end of your laptop.